Twin Otter Autopilot VOR Display?

apilot01

I am starting to fly the Twin Otter Extended.

When I tune the Nav1 to a frequency I can make the co-pilot VOR / CDI gauge show the course to the VOR/DME but I cannot see how to make the Captain's VOR / CDI dispaly the required course. Is there a switch which I cannot see to switch from the Co-pilot to captain VOR?

Also I see a switch on the Autopilot selector which is labelled ENG and DS(?). What does this do?

Finally when I change views using the panel selector window I always see the check list; is there a way to switch between windows and not see the check list every time?

Thank you,

Tregarth

A rather lazy reply. If the manuals had been more clearly and helpfully written the questions would have been superfluous. Since when has it been obvious that NAV1control is on one panel and NAV2 in a completely different place?

I attach an image of the ENG/DIS switch, I look forward to your reply telling me where the explanation is located in the manual.

Thank you,

Tregarth

Also, your email notification of replies does not work.

NAV1 frequency is tuned on the GPS, while NAV2 is frequency is tuned on the NAV/COM radio below the GPS.

Inorder to use VOR navigation You must tune the GPS NAV1 radio to the desired VOR frquency and press the CDI butto on the GPS until it indicates VLOC (Toggles between GPS and VLOC).

The first officers HSI is used with the NAV2 radio, while the captains HSI is used with the NAV1 (GPS) radio.

Finn

Archived