Alcatraz island only for FSX???

Dillon

It's nice to give something away for free but to say, "we are sorry, we promised a San Francisco scenery for FS2004" and then release a piece of it only for FSX is interesting... FS9 is far from being dead and until Aces fixes FSX FS9 is still the better of the two for add-ons... :wink:

Dillon, think before you post. It's a scenery object, have you even tried it in FS9?? Looks pretty good in it to me (except for the ugly water). I could understand your frustration if it was a large scenery area. Since you are supposedly a developer, read the SDK (if you even have FSX) and see there are some big differences between scenery for FS9 and FSX and in most cases it will take some extra work to make a big file work in both, which most developers are not gonna do at this point.

Aerosoft has stated many times they are focusing all their efforts on addons for FSX, so either get with the program or enjoy what you have, it's pretty simple.

Why do I even take the time to read posts like this. I need to learn to be more selective I guess.

indeed ... how one can even thank of criticizing a FREE product! :roll:

besides: FS9 may not be dead, but it is slowly dying ... it's yesterday's news and hence everyone makes FSX add-ons now. Good for us, good for them.

Great Mathijs, much appreciated! However weekend is almost finished...grrr..tomorrow it's back to business writing the department plan for 2007. So where's Alcatraz :). Would be nice to fly/sail to Alcatraz in my great Megascenery.

• Aerosoft

It's nice to give something away for free but to say, "we are sorry, we promised a San Francisco scenery for FS2004" and then release a piece of it only for FSX is interesting... FS9 is far from being dead and until Aces fixes FSX FS9 is still the better of the two for add-ons... :wink:

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/alcatraz...RAZ_FS9_100.zip

Hey Mathjis,

I just wanted to say you really go out of your way to keep people happy sometimes people dont realize the pressure your under to help get thing's out on time and to suddenly fill this request for a addon for fs9 just goes to show you what Aerosoft is all about Customer satisfaction :shock: just totally unbelivable five star's Mathjis five stars :D

Richard

Mathijs, you should change your slogan...

"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer"

Nice gesture and the FS9 version is appreciated - thanks.