Airbus DLLs not loaded by FSX, advanced functions unavailable

creek7

Hello All,

I have had the A319-21 for three weeks now (v.1.2.1 thus), during which time it has performed flawlessly, e.g. I did the tutorial flight (which is great BTW). Checklist and copilot functions were also fine.

(Win7 HP 64-bit, Nvidia GTX670)

Today the following problems have suddenly appeared (without any changes having been made to my FSX setup):

• I had set it up so (dll.xml, exe.xml, and [Trusted] section in fsx.cfg) that I am always prompted for each DLL which has to be loaded for the aircraft.

These prompts no longer appear (not even with known good backups of dll.xm, exe.xml, and fsx.cfg)

• The aircraft as such loads OK, but starts now in 2D Cockpit mode (no panels visible)

where before it always went into VC mode at once.

Switching to VC is then still possible.

• PFD is OK, but ND and EICAS are dark (and yes, I know about the brightness ;) )
  • Most importantly: The right MCDU offers only "Options" and "LOAD/FUEL", the other items are greyed out, which means in particular that I cannot load the Cold&Dark state (or others).
  • Switching everything off (including the batteries) manually, as suggested elsewhere on the forum, does not make a difference. I still cannot load Cold&Dark and can thus not follow the Step by Step guide.
I am aware that this issue has been reported before, but please note:
  • I am using FSX "Gold" (from DVD), not FSX-Steam and not P3D.
  • Most importantly, unlike in other reports, it has all worked splendidly until last night!
My conclusion so far is that FSX apparently does not even try any more to load the DLLs required for the advanced Airbus functions:
  • I am not even prompted to allow them (see above).
  • I cannot see any of them listed in Process Explorer.
  • Even when I set Logging=1 in all INI files which have that entry, no log file is generated.

The only one I have is AB_ND_GDI.log from two days ago, which reports no problems.

It does report that SimConnect opened and closed successful.

Any ideas in which direction to look next?

Thanks in advance for all tips!

Cheers,

Martin

Try to delete Airbus X sections from the fsx.cfg [Trusted]-section, then fire up FSX again to see if promts appear. Other option is to delete fsx.cfg and let the sim build new one.

Thanks for the replies.

Mikael, I had tried that before, but I tried again, following your advice. The result is exactly the same as before:

• no prompts asking if anything should be trusted:
  • the plane loads (initially with empty 2D cockpit),
  • but all the advanced functions as described above are unavailable.

It still seems as if FSX does not even try to load all those DLLs.

The interesting thing is that after loading the plane (in this case the A319), the [Trusted] entries (but only for that plane, i.e. A319, not for the other A'busses) are automatically restored in fsx.cfg (all with a value of -2), even though I have not been asked if it is OK to trust them. (Perhaps that is what the "-2" means?).

Frank, yes I have AV software installed, but that was installed all the time and has never created a problem.

As said, the Airbusses have worked just fine for three weeks (when I bought them) until last night.

Cheers,

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to push the AV thing, no updates/new rules installed since these three weeks?

You do not have Norton Internet Security by any chance?

Just to push the AV thing, no updates/new rules installed since these three weeks?

You do not have Norton Internet Security by any chance?

Thanks for the help. No Norton, no. And the FSX folder is also on the "exception list" (i.e. not to be scanned automatically by AV).

Is there any way at all how an AV application could have an effect on this issue of FSX not loading DLLs?

Cheers,

Martin

Additional question which may or may not be relevant to the problem:

I discovered that under "My Documents\Aerosoft" I have actually two folders:

One is called "...\AerosoftAirbusExtended" and contains only a sub-folder "Flight Recorder" (currently empty as I have not used it yet).

The other one is called "...\Airbus" and contains all the other stuff, including sub-folders "\FlightPlans" and "\FuelPlanner".

Is this normal? I think I have read (here on the forum) only about "\AerosoftAirbusExtended" so far, but not the other one.

(I have never had the older Airbus Extended product.)

Cheers,

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

The folder structure is normal.

We had a case of not loading dll's because of NIS yesterday on the german forum. It took an while to find the culprit. That's the reason I asked again concerning AV.

Problem has been solved, thanks to a tip from Bill Leaming on the FS Developer Forum!

Deleting the [Trusted] entries was a step in the right direction, but not enough: A certain Registry entry must also be edited.

Details are here.

So, the Airbusses are back (and so is EZCA).
Thanks to Bill and to everyone here for the support!

Cheers,

Martin

PS.

How does one change the tag (from "open issue" to "solved")?

Or can only moderators do that?

Archived