CumulusX 1.9.1 is out

Peter Lürkens

Hello friends of virtual soaring!

A new version of CumulusX! is available as of now. It's a minor release with few, but imho relevant improvements:

• Improved Thermal Cloud Handling
    In particular in mountain regions it could happen that thermal clouds intersected with terrain, where the trigger of the thermal was practically in the clouds. It is not safe to enter clouds laying on ground, and such thermals are pointless. At the same time, graphic depiction was not appealing.
    Now CumulusX! thermals clouds are depicted only if they are sufficiently higher than their trigger and, most of the time do not intersect with terrain anymore.
    Cloud depiction is also suppressed if clouds are overflown with much higher altitude. This feature might be most interesting for airline flyers, because the demonstrative CumulusX! clouds are usually not visible anymore during cruise. Only native FSX clouds show up, or their replacements from other add-on suppliers.
  • Remaining Sink After Precipitation fixed
    Under certain conditions after passing a precipitation area increased sink could have remained. This bug was fixed.
  • Wrong Timing of a Thermal
    Usually, thermal lift should start at ground level and then develop into altitude. Vice-versa, at the end thermal lift should first disappear short above ground and at last immediately beneath the cloud. This behaviour was frequently not correctly represented and has been fixed now.

Another news is, that after sorting out the trouble with new EC tax regulation, personal licenses are available again at the usual place.

Have a lot of fun,

Peter

Edit: There is a known problem, in particular with FSX Steam Edition, which results into the altitude of the aircraft becoming frozen, a hotfix is being worked on. In the meantime affected users may revert by replacing the executable with its previous version (1.9.0.1). For convenience a link to the previous executable is given here.

THANKS for the update, Peter! Tomorrow I am finally going to make a few flights in FSX, as I am actually scheduling in the time away from other interests. It feels like it's been months since I've got a real good flight in. THANKS Again for your endeavor to make CumulusX! as great as it can be.

Scott

Thank you Peter and hi sf4JC too.

Over here in Australia we are using registered versions of CumulusX in multiplayer gliding so we appreciate your work on CumulusX greatly!

http://blog.allen.asn.au/soaring-with-real-world-weather-add-ons/multiplayer-cross-country-virtual-gliding-tasks-in-fsx/#more-245

All the very best to you, Harry

Oh man, do I have a lot of reading to do, and maybe comment on, too! I didn't even notice the reading that was available to the right hand side of that page. One article so far has really caught my eye that I may be able to help somewhat with. Thanks again, Harry!

Scott

Peter

I spent a delightful afternoon flying my Discus X w/Cumulus X from Interlaken Switzerland to the Matterhorn. It was a challenging, enjoyable and immersive experience.

I remembered that without you it could never have happened so thank you.

Douglas

Just a BIG THUMBS UP! regarding this last release - 1.9.1 - which I successfuly installed and been using with great satisfaction in FSX Steam Edition ( the only Civil sim, together with Aerowinx PSX I am using ).

I didn't find any problems, and I am using the 1.9.1 executable.

I would also like to report that CumuluX! is working beautifully with ASN. I am testing the latest internal beta of ASN for FSX / FSX SE, and I used CumukusX! first with only FSX SE weather and then with Real Time Weather injected through ASN, and both gave me excellent soaring flights during the tests I ran this afternoon :-) :excellenttext_s:

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: There is a known problem, in particular with FSX Steam Edition, which results into the altitude of the aircraft becoming frozen, a hotfix is being worked on. In the meantime affected users may revert by replacing the executable with its previous version (1.9.0.1). For convenience a link to the previous executable is given here.

Hi Peter

I have enjoyed your registered version of Cumulus X for several years already. Thanks for this great addon which often brings my RW soaring time back to life again!

You mentioned the "frozen aircraft altitude" with the latest version of Cumulus X. Yes, I also have this problem. My sim is FSX Acceleration installed on a Windows 7 64bit system. Do you have the hotfix for this issue available already?

Another issue which was discussed in this forum some time ago is the altitude fluctuation, mainly noticable in the outside view and in cockpit view to the tow plane, when running the sim in W7. In the user manual you mention a certain .dll file which solves the problem, but I cannot find any link to that file. Can you provide this file or link to it?

Happy soaring!

Hi flyfox,

By the end of the week I will make the final patch available for it. It between I'd like to ask you to fall back to the previous version. There is a link on my webpage to the previous exe.

Regarding the altitude fluctuations the dll is included in the release package anyway but works only in the licensed mode. Anyway CumulusX! needs some margin in processor capacity, why you should operate FSX limited in fps internally. Some small discontinuities will remain, though.

Bests, Peter

(Mobile)

Hi Peter

Thanks a lot for your info! Yes, I have the licensed version and it seems to work quite well now. Looking forward to the patch for the latest version ... and enjoying Aerosoft's new ASK21 meanwhile. Oh yes, it is almost as if I sit in a real ASK21 (had my first RW training on this type). Another great glider plane for FSX; great fun in combination with Cumulus X!

Best regards

Archived