Piper super cub in FSX

david_wi

Hey ho David-wi

I want one.. How flyable is it? Is the asi the gauge missing on the left! If it behaves systematically it might be fun to see if ..

Anyway

Mathijs .. the therapist on the other forum, has just responded to my post asking whether there was a transfer of the cub to SFX.. he says there's a problem with the gauges (!!) which he's getting fixed and ...

whatever .. regards wehyam

Hi wehyam

The gauges that are fuzzy,are the Altimiter and the airspeed indicator.

The plane is flying very well and all other modes are fine.

Btw,the Beaver DH-2 is perfectly ok and I only had to copy some Cessna

gauge files from FS9 and the DC-3 gauge.

Bye

David

Thanks David,

am I right in understanding you've moved the Aerosoft beaver pack over to SFX? :shock:

regards wehyam

BTW I just got the dornier do-27 download.. I think if you like bush planes sort of stuff you'd like that..

Im learning how to fly it before I start letting it kick in the damage model and charge me for 'maintenance' :roll:

Hi wehyam

Yes I installed the Piper into FSX and just moved the planes folders from the Aircraft folder to the SimObjectsAirplanes folder.

I also placed a Jpg Thumbnail file of the aircraft into each texture folder,so it can be seen in the FSX simulator.

Bye

David

• Aerosoft
Hi wehyam

Yes I installed the Piper into FSX and just moved the planes folders from the Aircraft folder to the SimObjectsAirplanes folder.

I also placed a Jpg Thumbnail file of the aircraft into each texture folder,so it can be seen in the FSX simulator.

Bye

David

I have been working on this, but we'll need a gauge update even for the Quick and Dirty version. Will get back on it this week.

• 3 months later...

Any chance of getting that updated panel.cfg? I would like to get the Super Cub and install it (can't wait for the FS X version). Hopefully this will keep me busy. Have you run into any other problems so far?

Hi Dave

I am attaching the panel.cfg and a Beaver gauge,but there is some more work to do. :lol:

extract both files to the panel folder,overwriting if needed.

PM me if you like to....

Bye

David

I just bought and am downloading the Super Cub now. I figured for $8 I couldn't go wrong. I haven't installed any FS9 planes in FSX yet. I'll see if I can get it and if not I'll PM you. Thanks.

dave

• 1 month later...

I just got the Super Cub installed and took it for a flight. I can't find the GPS .

I tried all the sht/f keys , nothing.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Chief

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread...

Where do I place the panel.cfg and AS_NST files? Also, how do I make the thumbails for each Super Cub (what do I name them and where do I place them?)

Thanks a lot.

Oh joy.. almost... :)

I have the a folder called super cub sitting in my long since used

FlightSimulator 9/ Aerosoft folder... lets call it 1

I also have a 'stack' of Aerosoft Piper Super folders in my

FlightSimulator 9/ Aircraft/..... lets call one of them 2.

Could someone please, in steps of one syllable bearing in mind that I'm a bungler, :oops: tell me exactly what to do to effect the transfer of Super Cub to FSX...

or please check this is right..(i've spent hours reinstalling and I cant bear it again)..

First copy file 1 into D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSXAerosoft

what about all the stuff in 1?

Then copy the folders 2 (and any others) into

D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSXSimObjectsAirplanes

Then.. I have to get a panel from somewhere and replace the panel(cfg) in the panel folder in folder 2 above...

Er... where from ? :?

and then everything will be fine..

BTW... hi there David-wi...

I installed AS_PIPER_120.zip from Aerosoft's site. I got the following error: "The Flightsimulator can not be loacted on your system. Please check the correct path to Flightsimulator." I clicked Browse and went to following dir: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X. It installs the aircraft in a folder named "Aircraft" and I copied those to the SimObjectsAirplanes folder. I copied the files from AS_CUB_UPD_121.zip to the corresponding folders. Then I end up with the situation david_wi posted above. I'm still waiting to hear back.

DaveIT.. Did you manage to get help from David-wi?

have you had any success yet in installing your supercup?

If so please let me know the runes..

regards wehyam...

Negative...I went one further and tried to figure it out myself, but now I have no gauges at all! I was thinking of buying FS Panel Studio and trying that, but I don't have the $ at the moment.

• 3 months later...