Helsinki P3D compatibility

Der Flieger4

• Deputy Sheriffs

The installer was updated to be able to install Helsinki into P3Dv2, but that doesn't fixes the compatibility problems. Therefore the Aerosoft store just states compatibility with P3D(v1) and noting else. 

In case you are uncertain about compatibility you should always check the shop page. It tells you the correct compatibility status. 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to jump in so long after, but I came across this topic from another web link.

have stopped buying from Aerosoft as l do not like the way they market P3D products no matter how good they maybe.  They are very poor at passing on basic and simple info about P3D products compatibility they sell and are probably the worst company at doing this I have come across.  The internet is easy to update info,  so they have no excuse. This rubbish about box covers, just mark it on the website. Forget about the box marking, it's an internet site, people read the crede, not the box. And a simple sticker if at a trade show works. Not that hard. Really!  Aerosoft are either very naive towards their understanding of how to market a product clearly to their remaining client base, or don't know how to operate their own website,  or they are cunningly trying to sell more products by misleading their customer base.  My though is the latter.

If they were an Australian company, the ACCC (who monitor advertisements of products by companies) would have issued multiple fines for misleading advertisement.  It simply would not be accepted Downunder.

Aerosoft has lost significant credibility in the market and it's their own fault. They have a lot of repair work to do. 

Either learn how to do basic clear advertising, or continue to lose your place in the flightsim market.  It's that simple.

Grow up Aerosoft

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am not sure what is misleading here:

Please login to display this image.

(Source: http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/prepar3d/sceneries/1739/mega-airport-helsinki)

Aerosoft gives the correct name Lockheed Martin decided to give to their product. Currently LM has released three products:

• Prepar3D
  • Prepar3D v2
  • Prepar3D v3

But all are different products. I am pretty sure you will not start complaining if you bought an aircraft for Prepar3D v3 which will not be compatible with Prepar3D v4 (after it is getting released), do you?

And by the way, if you are in doubt you can always ask prior to purchase. You can call, you can send emails, you can post into this forum. Aerosoft surely is happy to answer your questions.

• Aerosoft

Tom that was indeed the case when we released Helsinki. Since then Lockheed has also understood the issues it raises and renamed that very old version to Prepar3D V1. When we got time we will update our product pages to follow that lead. Although it hardly ever happens anymore (most people seem to understand this now) we have assisted these customer via our support.

Until that time please simply understand that when a products is called Prepar3D compatible it is exactly that. Compatible with the simulator that was released under that name. I am sorry for the confusion but facts are as they are. If Australian law requires a company to be able to see many years in the future and to anticipate what might happen I am glad we are not under that regulation. I doubt however very much it requires that.

Archived