Helsinki P3D compatibility

Der Flieger4

Hello,

I have purchased Helsinki for FSX some time ago and have been using it in FSX very happily.

After switching to P3D I found out that EFHK is not compatible with P3Dv2. Are there any plans to make this wonderful airport compatible?

It would be a pity to lose this great destination in P3D.

Thanks,

Sebastian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply, Jonas.

It's really a pity, as in my opinion the EFHK scenery is one of the top sceneries offered by Aerosoft.

I might try to install it into P3dv2 anyway...

I've tried it using the Estonia Migration Tool and other than the night lights looking a bit weird it seems to perform well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Well for the lights is an easy fix too ;-)

And what fix would that be?

Do you have a link or something? That would be great! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Did you intalled Helsinki on P3D 2.4?

I used P3D 2.4 and would like to buy Helsinki - Is Helsinki compatible with P3D 2.4?

Thanks

Cheers

Massimo

• 1 month later...

I did a flight into Helsinki the other day and overall the scenery was working just fine in P3Dv2.5 but I did spot a few strange graphical issues with weird objects floating in the air and also some objects sliding across the ground. I did a few short video clips but unfortunately they turned out to be corrupted in some way so couldn't upload them.

Anyone else seen these strange glitches or even better know if there's a cure?

Like the OP I too think it would be really awesome with a pure P3Dv2 version of Helsinki, in my eyes one of the best airports released in a long time!!

Hi,

I believe to know, what's the reason for the floating buildings. I assume you were on VATSIM and had some multiplayer aircrafts around you. I was last weekend at the overload event in EFHK. And sitting on the ground after landing i spotted the planes. And then I saw these floating buildings, which moved in accordance to the arriving multiplayer planes. As soon as I disconnected from VATSIM, all buildings were sitting on the ground normally. I reconnected and they floated again. I tried this with FSInn and vPilot client - same result. As soon as the traffic was gone, the buildings were back on the ground.

The Flytampa scenery in Vienna has the same problem. There the apron border light are floating with the planes. A guy reported this already in the FT forum. They answered, that this is a known bug with P3D, if you use old AI models (like WoA), which were made for FS9.

I sitched now to the MyTraffic Professional planes and removed completely the WoA models from my P3D 2.5 installation. I will see in the next weeks, if this is then eliminated, as the MyT planes should be compatible with P3D.

Rgds

Reinhard

Very interesting information, thanks for sharing!

As you guessed this was online on VATSIM with lots of online traffic. Didn't notice the relation between the online traffic and the strange objects though but guess I didn't look close enough.

I've been using IVAO MTL models since I started flying on VATSIM. Have been thinking of getting a payware AI package but have been on the fence for mainly two reasons - don't want to "clutter" my installation with stuff I don't need/use since I do all my flying online and thus I'm only interested in the AI models and not all other stuff that come with an AI product and two - haven't been able to figure out which of the AI products is the best one for my purpose only using the models for online traffic.

Of course the most important thing for me is the quality of the aircraft models and that they will be fully P3DV2.5 compatible. With the IVAO MTL models I've invested lots of hours converting the textures to look good at night since they won't out-of-the-box. This was also true when running FSX in DX10 mode...the tail logos didn't display correctly for example.

Would be great if you could share your experience once you tried out MT Pro some more!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with the lights. lightsefhk_zpsan2gcjts.pngHas anyone an idea how to fix this? P3D v2.5 and nvidia drivers are up to date.

thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

On 5/31/2015, 6:16:13, TOGA said:

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with the lights.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this? P3D v2.5 and nvidia drivers are up to date.

thx

On 6/10/2015, 8:42:52, MatsHellman said:

I have the same issue as TOGA above. Other than that the scenery is working fine. Anyone have a fix for the lights?

Hi,

Did you guys find a solution for this? Do we have to modify one of the texture file? I've the same with P3D V3.

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

• 8 months later...

Hi,
I installed Helsinki in P3D v3.3 (with the P3D v2 installer) and also had the same problem with the lights.
I did som testing, and a quick'n'easy fix to get the lights a bit better is to change these .bgl filenames in the Helsinki scenery-folder to bgl.OFF:
t_rwyhalos.BGL.OFF / taxiedgehalo.bgl.OFF / taxiedgehalo2.bgl.OFF / taxihalo2.bgl.OFF / taxihalo3.bgl.OFF / taxihalo4.bgl.OFF / taxihalo5.bgl.OFF

Then the lights in the runway gets a bit dim, the green taxilights gets fearly good visible, the blue edge-lights is looking pretty good, and the cartoonish "holograms" disappear.
Perhaps some of you find this helpful?

Cheers,
Kexmert

• 2 weeks later...

I said it before and I say it again, the Helsinki airport scenery from A-Flight (if I remember the name correctly) was one of my absolute favorites and I was really hoping we would see lots of more stuff from the same developer as well as support and updates for already released products.

Are you guys at Aerosoft in contact with the developer and do you know if he/she/they have any plans for the future when it comes to airport scenery?

54 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I said it before and I say it again, the Helsinki airport scenery from A-Flight (if I remember the name correctly) was one of my absolute favorites and I was really hoping we would see lots of more stuff from the same developer as well as support and updates for already released products.

Quito is by them and right now A-Flight are working on Bali (indonesia):

As there are quite a few issues with Helsinki in P3Dv3, which would require a lot of work to get it working, we do presently not have greater plans to update this airport, sorry.

Perhaps in the distant future, but not now.

1 hour ago, sanyok said:

I have the same problem too, it is sad the developer totally ignores people's reports on incompatibility with P3D.

Sorry, but this airport is simply not sold as P3Dv3 compatible.

v3 is a totally new sim, just like FS2004 and FSX were different sims. You did not complain when your FS9 addons didn't work in FSX either, did you?
You just can't update old airports forever for compability with new simulators that come to the market some 4 years (!) after the release of a product. It's financially impossible.

LM just choose rather bad naming for their sims with regards to customers understanding of what they actually are, but fact is that P3D (v1), P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 are all totally different simulators, just like FS98, FS2004, FSX, Flight, etc.

Thanks for the info.

Too bad you don't have any plans at the moment for a new Helsinki but I'll keep my fingers crossed for the future.

Great though to see A-Flight is still live and kicking!

Archived