ATHR sound

Zhenche

Hello Aerosoft Team,

First of all I just love the A318/...A321 product, especially when flying it manually on final.

But I recognized that the ATHR disengage sound has been changed when the A318/A319 was brought out.

So every time I disengage the auto-throttle now, no matter at cruise level (by accident) or on short final, I hear this "TOCK TOCK TOCK", which reminds me of that "downgrade" sound, which follows immediately thereafter in a lower volume. (So all in all I hear 6 "tocks")

But according to some YouTube videos, disengaging the auto-throttle is "warned" by an ECAM "ping" followed by an ECAM-warning or the "Master Caution" going off (or both).

(Disengaging ATHR at 1:02 - I know, bad quality but you can still hear that "ping" and see a yellow line on the upper ECAM and the "Master Cautions" going off)

(Disengaging ATHR at 2:18 - Followed by "ping" and ECAM message but no "Master Caution")

So what do you guys think? As far as I remember, the older AXE had this ATHR-disengage "reaction".

Kind regards,

Zhe

It could be different for previous and latest versions of the software maybe? Theres heaps of variation among some airbus models. Maybe aerosoft based it on something more current? Interesting though.

• Aerosoft

There are plenty of subversions of Airbuses... We also saw some which had a QFE button insted of QNH... We are not able to model all available variations, im sorry for that.

Jonas :).

By the way to the OP I would think this would be pretty easy to change yourself if you want. If you prefer for that single caution ping sound to play when disconnecting the autothrottle. First make a backup of your ASC sound folder located in the Airbus X Base folder in case you wish to revert back. Make a copy of this file "ASC_M_CAUTION" located in the ASC sound folder and then paste it in there. Delete the existing "ASC_ATHR_Off" file and rename the caution sound you made a copy of (and pasted) to "ASC_ATHR_Off". This would effectively just replace the triple click sound with the caution one and would play when you disconnect the ATHR. All you are doing is replacing the sound.

By the way I also had a look at a few videos and it seems the single M caution ping is the correct sound based on majority. Although I would like to hear the developers input as to the current triple click sound being used and whether the ecam message will be re-added? Not a big issue but it sure would be cool when doing fully manual landings.

Thanks for the information Jonas, pretty interesting, I didn't know this at all...;)

And thanks to longreach, I will do that, it's always an "adventure" to fly the busses manually :D

Greetings,

Zhe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to set the record straight:

Somehow we totally oversaw this during the testing. Most probably the code got 'lost' along the way.

When you disconnect the ATHR you should hear a single chime and see the MC light and an ECAM message. A triple click is sometimes heard right after the single chime when there is a mode degradation. I spoke with the dev today and this feature should make it into SP3.

Thanks for reporting!

Archived