No wing or windscreen ice

DavidNicholas

Hi there,

When I first got the plane, it would ice up easily, if the weather/clouds were set to icing, even light icing, and there was a very cool ice effect over the windshield. I've not flown the Twin Otter for a while, and now, if I set up to moderate icing, nothing happens. Anyone any ideas? (I had thought of 'Advanced Animations' in the realism settings, but that's on).

Cheers

For icing to occur the following must be true:

Outside air temperature must be between ÷10 and +2°C

It must either rain,snow,visibility must be below 1700 meters / 1 nm (since visibility most often is caused by moisture) or FSX structural icing percenatge is above 0.2%.

So for icing to occur try to set the weather with +1°C and let it rain or snow. instead of precipitation You can set a visisbility below 1700 meter.

Finn

Hi chaps !

A few words of insight. I'm flying a lot in Quebec those days, with real weather, and deicing is a requirement. My first trip was from Quebec Lesage (CYQB), with ground temperature below minus 10 °C, and heavy snowing at take off. I had forgotten deicing, and at full power, the plane took 100 ft and crashed. On second attempt, I had switched deicing fully on, except window deicing. Take off was successful, but after five minutes flying, the window was full of a spendid white opaque !

Deicing, and consequences, is effective on the Twin.

Archived