Great Cockpit View setup for realistic flying

Captainbob

Hi. I recently watched a movie featured by Finn in post 84805 with a great view of the cockpit as used for real flying showing all appropriate views.Could you please explain how this was possible and what toolswere used. This appears to feature a non standard eyepoint and wouls be great for all those that are looking for a more realistic flying experience. Thanks

Now I know what You mean.

The various viewpoints are set in the aircraft.cfg and can then be toggled via the small viewpoint "gauge" in the lower corner.

So there are no special tools involved, just standard FSX features.

Setting up cameraviews in the aircraft.cfg can be a pain though.

The small viewpoint gauge is simply written in xml code, which can be done with windows notepad.

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

This appears to feature a non standard eyepoint and wouls be great for all those that are looking for a more realistic flying experience. Thanks

Hi Bob,

There are numerous ways to have a different viewpoint, set to your liking. But they are payware:

1. Do you know or use TrackIR? This little device is a must-have in my opinion. Supports FSX and P3D.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

2. OpusFSI also features all kind of 'camera' related options to set or move viewpoints. This software is continuously updated and improved. Supports FSX and P3D.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

3. EZDok can also set viewpoints. But the program is getting old and not updated anymore.

http://www.ezdok-software.com/index.html

You can search the internet yourself for this, but I can also point you in the right direction if you are interested.

Hi Finn and Eric.

I have been able to create a VC camera that lets me view the bottom gauges by looking forward then down using Trackir. I still can't get the same view as in Finn's video because of the yoke blocking some of the gauges. The solution would be to optionally remove the yoke.

I have seen the post by Mathias stating that he won't remove the yoke, but this feature would make your great Twotter a better plane for us flyers trying to achieve a realistic result.

It would enable all of the flying state gauges to been seen as per your video.

Thanks for the support and tips so far.

Captain Bob

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have been able to create a VC camera that lets me view the bottom gauges by looking forward then down using Trackir. I still can't get the same view as in Finn's video because of the yoke blocking some of the gauges. The solution would be to optionally remove the yoke.

I have seen the post by Mathijs stating that he won't remove the yoke, but this feature would make your great Twotter a better plane for us flyers trying to achieve a realistic result.

It would enable all of the flying state gauges to been seen as per your video.

You send me a PM asking for an answer to your issue.

The answers are:

1. The VC Yoke will not be removed.

2. As Finn said, you can use the Viewpanel of the Twin Otter the select different views by clicking on them. You can bring up this pop-up 2D panel with [shift] [3]. Did you try it?

3. You can see different available viewpoints using the 'A' key.

4. If you are still not happy you can buy either EZDok or OpusFSI to make your own viewpoints.

This is all the advice I can give you. :)

Hi Eric

Thanks for your speedy reply.

I have used the popup panel the "a" key and even created a new viewpoint window, but I am disappointed because I still cannot obtain the viewpoints as seen in Finn's video. I can only presume that Finn has used a tool such as EZDok or OpusFSI. I will probably have to buy Opus.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Eric

Thanks for your speedy reply.

I have used the popup panel the "a" key and even created a new viewpoint window, but I am disappointed because I still cannot obtain the viewpoints as seen in Finn's video. I can only presume that Finn has used a tool such as EZDok or OpusFSI. I will probably have to buy Opus.

Thanks

Bob

No I did not use such tools.

I cannot fully remember, but I most probably have used the viewpanel, maybe backed up by the standard FSX keys Sh+Enter, Sh+Backsp, Ctrl+Enter, Ctrl+Backsp, Sh+Ctrl+Enter and Sh+Ctrl+Backsp.

Apart from that I use TrackIr.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Finn

Thanks for the final clues. I was unable to make the combination of your view and Zoom=1 recommended in other forums to obtain correct perspective, so I created an extra panel that covers the yoke and shows me all flying state gauges with zoom = 1. Thanks to the clues in your post, I didn't need to spend extra money to achieve what I needed. (with a little compromise )

Thanks

Bob

For some reason i have to agree with Aerosoft not removing the yoke on this bird . I remove them on a lot of aircraft but this one some thing would not be right if it wasn't there--- i like it the way it is

Archived