Problems with Dusseldorf Installation/Uninstall

Hi,

I hope I can find help here for my problem.

I have recently installed Dusseldorf airport for x-plane on my Mac.

I have followed all instruction correctly as far as I am aware however, upon the final part of installation I received an error message telling me that not all scenery had installed correctly.

The Aerosoft Dusseldorf airport scenery detail does show up when running x-plane however, my main problem at the moment is that some pluggins are not working correctly and causing x-plane to crash (since my Dusseldorf installation) I am therefore trying to uninstall the Dusseldorf scenery to try again for a better installation but when clicking the "Change Airport Dusseldorf Installation" to uninstall the scenery, I am getting the message "You can’t open the application “Change Airport Dusseldorf Installation” because it may be damaged or incomplete." and thus I am unable to uninstall.

Could you please give me some advice as to my next step?

Thank you

Orangepeel

Thank you for your reply Heinz,

Sorry for the confusion,

I have a follow me car from Jar design, when running this pluggin on Dusseldorf airport x-plane was crashing.

But this is not the point and I am not too concerned about it. What bothers me is that Dusseldorf never installed correctly in the first place and I am now unable to uninstall it.

The scenery does show up in x-plane and looks good. But it did say some parts of the scenery had not installed correctly when I first installed it and now despite trying your work around from the link above I am getting the message;

You can’t open the application "Change Airport Dusseldorf Installation” because it may be damaged or incomplete.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards

Orangepeel

Hello,

i have checked it here on my MAC OSX 10.9.5. It works. Install and deinstall.

Do you have Java 6 (in a sandbox) installed?

Try it with this installer:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572

If that don't work, you can make a backup of your "Aerosoft - EDDL Airport Dusseldorf" and then delete it from the Custom Scenery Folder and from the file scenery_packs.ini.

Than try to install it again.

Greets Heinz

Archived