Will PFPX EVER export SID/STAR waypoints to FSX?

I have to say it AMAZES me that PFPX has been out for a year and a half and it still doesn't have the option to export SID/STAR waypoints into FSX .pln files. After reading at least a half-dozen threads asking about this functionality, I have yet to see any kind of response from the developer about implementing it. Is this in any of FlightSimSoft's future development plans? Any kind of response would be appreciated.

I am sitting here looking at a flight plan from EDDP-KLAX. The route ends at HEC which is the transition for a RIIVR2 STAR into KLAX. This has all the waypoints from the STAR listed in the route. I would post a copy but I have deleted the flight in PXPX. All I have is the paper copy. Not all routes have STAR waypoints from PFPX but quite a few do. Two others that come to mind without doing a lot of research are HILEY5 and SSCOT2 into KMIA.

Michael,

PFPX has no problem integrating SID/STAR waypoints into its "internal" flightplans... but try exporting them to FSX as .pln files and see what you get. This causes all kinds of heartache for Radar Contact users.

I'm not answering your question (will PFPX ever have ability to export sid/star to FSX) but I have to repeat the comment raised so many times: flight planning software shouldn't include the terminal routes in the flight plan. 'Cause the runways may change.

I agree that it makes sense for there to be an option in PFPX that exports sid/stars to FSX. Then the folks who really have to have this option could get it. But if the developers take the time to add that feature it takes away time from the development of other features and bug fixes.

So my 2-cents is to put this feature request way down in the priorities.

>> flight planning software shouldn't include the terminal routes in the flight plan. 'Cause the runways may change. <<

No offense... but that's just a common flight sim myth. The fact is that most real-world pilots/companies do file expected departure and arrival procedures in their flightplan. Not only does it save the pilot the trouble of having to manually enter the SID/STAR later on; it enhances safety by notifying ATC which procedure they will fly if they should lose their radios. Determining the proper SID/STAR ahead of time isn't rocket science...especially as wind forecasts have continued to improve. In the U.S., many SIDS/STARS are not runway dependent, they are just canned routes based on the direction you're arriving from. In cases where the procedure does change due to weather or runway changes, ATC just amends the clearance and the pilot enters the changes into the FMS, GPS, etc. in real time. It beats having to constantly make manual departure/arrival entries after the fact when you pretty much already know what procedure you're going to get. In my 15 years as a controller, if I had a nickel for every flightplan I processed that already had a SID/STAR filed, I'd be a rich man. From the simmer's perspective, Radar Contact users would rejoice from not having to manually enter the terminal waypoints anymore... I think that's more than worth a little development time.

Michael,

PFPX has no problem integrating SID/STAR waypoints into its "internal" flightplans... but try exporting them to FSX as .pln files and see what you get. This causes all kinds of heartache for Radar Contact users.

I am sorry that I misread the Topic Post and your post.

Could the export for FSX keep the sid and star waypoints and the exports for aircraft exclude them? That would give the third party ATC users what they need and sill give the aircraft what they need. Better yet, how about a check to include waypoints for each export?

I have to say it AMAZES me that PFPX has been out for a year and a half and it still doesn't have the option to export SID/STAR waypoints into FSX .pln files. After reading at least a half-dozen threads asking about this functionality, I have yet to see any kind of response from the developer about implementing it. Is this in any of FlightSimSoft's future development plans? Any kind of response would be appreciated.

Couldn't agree more! Been waiting a long time too.

I agree that adding the terminal waypoints should be an option that you can turn on and off. What's interesting is that PFPX already has the capability. If you send your flightplan to Skyvector, it transfers every single waypoint over (SID, enroute, and STAR); but when exporting to FSX, you're stuck with just the enroute fixes.

I like the sid and stars exported to the fsx plan so I can import winds from all the important waypoints to the PMDG FMC. I always enter the plan manually into the FMC.

I actually fine it useful to enter in the STAR manually. My latest issue which is not related to this thread is KORD doesn't even show the SIDS and STARS

Vectored departures are not included in Navigraph data, your flying to an exit point under ATC instruction on the only KORD departure O'Hare Eight

STAR's are certainly listed for KORD in Navigraph 1502

Getting off topic for the PFPX forum but departure runways ( no O'Hare Eight departure as it's vectored ) and arrival STAR's do list in the PMDG 777 with Navigraph 1502:

post-5872-0-99817600-1423747123_thumb.jp

post-5872-0-92195700-1423747129_thumb.jp

I suggest with FSX closed that you delete ARPT_RWY.dat found in the FSX\\PMDG\NAVDATA folder, run makerwys.exe and reload the 777 making sure cycle 1502 is active in the FMS.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to give my 2 cents to this discussion.
In case you are flying a plane with its own FMC, you can enter the SID/STAR/Approach in that device.
But in case you are flying a plane, that does not have that capability (default FSX GPS), where you can not add the SID manually, you be happy to have in the FSX flightplan.
For the rest I agree to the majority, that it is not needed.

Archived