Cant Save User State

por928

I have FSX and purchased the 318-319 and 320-321 packages....and getting though the step by step tutorial for the 319 at present. I wanted to save my miles stones and continue next day or free moment. However, i cant seem to understand how to save the 'user state' it seems no action is taken. The load user state seems to work, as it shows a file to retrieve from.

I (well the PIC and CP have) have completed a checklist (we are started and been pushed back, engines started)

So, I need to be able to get the aircraft configured and ready to go etc. So, i thought if I did:

1. Save FSX

2. Save user State

Then when FSX loaded at another time,

Use the Load Flights in FSX

and Load the User State

Is there a step I have missed to be able to save user state?

Ummmm, ok, I checked the thread you referred me to. I still do not understand as this thread seems to refer to saved flights in the air and not the, 'save user state'. One post, below, says that when you resume a saved flight you must carry out some 'repairs' to the a/c settings.....

"we checked and can confirm that setting a DEF aircraft state has no influence if you are loading a saved mid-air flight. The problems are related to other issues we are still currently wqorking on. But the FPLAN should be loaded (at least on my system this works properly). According to my experience when loading a saved flight mid-air (make sure before saving that on checklist has a been completely finished). A good time is app.
20 NM before T/D. Then you have to do the following:
Set your thrust lever into the right position when loading the flight (like it has been when saving the flight) - this is no bug
Set your checklist and copilot funtion to ON again - this is
also no bug set GEAR UP, PARKING BRAKES to OFF and disarm the SPOILERS -
bug Enter into the MCDU on the INIT A page your FL again and push the FCU ALT knob again - bug
Enter into the MCDU PERF APPR page the TRANS ALT as well as the
BARO or RADIO decission altitude again - bug
Then you should have to problem to continue your flight and try the approach again....."
I am still on the ground, ready for taxi all set up. So does the above apply to me? When I first load fsx, and load the saved flight, it does a good job of getting the aircraft to the airport position with the engines running(though that is because I have Taxi State as my DEF(green). But does nothing with the aircraft flight plan and settings, as I would expect the panel state to take care of this part.
I thought this would be a good time to "save user state" as per the step by step tutorial 3.5 on page 20. When I push the save user state button, it does nothing. Should it do some thing? eg, ask me for a file name etc for later retrieval?
On another post, below, it seems to be saying? not to use the save user state and simply use the FXS flight save? Does this mean the save user state does not work?

Hi,

in the current version there is no need anymore to save / load the flight in FSX (or P3D) and using the MCDU2 to save / load the Airbus User State. If you save a flight in FSX (or P3D) then automatically also the Airbus settings are saved. But to load such a flight with the Airbus FSX (or P3D) must have already been started and is running e.g. it is not possible to load such a flight in the Free Flight Menu. Additionally the settings as mentioned previously e. g. in post #16 apply.

Rolf

Sorry if this is all basic to you...my first journey in a Airbus. .

Yes, the SAVE and LOAD USER STATE was just a workaround until we solved the problem with saving a complete flight (FSX and AIRBUS data). Until then it was necessary first to load the FSX flight and then additionally the AIRBUS data. But with rev. 1.21 we solved that problem e. g. also the AIRBUS data are saved when a flight is saved in FSX. This means the USER STATES are no longer necessary and therefore will also be completely removed with the next SP.

So just save a flight and then load it again from within FSX e. g. it is not possible to load that saved flight from the FSX FREE FLIGHT MENU. This limitation is not valid for Prepar3D where it can be also loaded from the MENU.

In the meantime we also solved the other open issues / limitations of the saving and loading functionality in 1.21. With SP 3 the complete workable saving and loading functionality will be released.

Regards,

Rolf .

Thank you Rolf for the quick reply. OK will look forward to SP3.

I have just checked both the 318/319 and 320/321 and see they are both SP1(well, this is what the readme.txt says). They were boxed versions purchased over Xmas 2014. Is this the best area to work out what version of the a/c i have loaded? This being the case, I need to remove them both and re install SP2, then the hot fixes.

When looking on my order page, I could see no reference to SP2. How do I find this?

Hi guys,

OK I removed ver 1.10 and replaced with 1.20 and also applied the hotfix 1.21c. for both the 318/9 and 320/321

I still need to understand how to save my present state, e.g...

Tutorial LOWI-LFMN

Airbus X Fuel Planner used. Auto load selected. Generated loadsheet. OK

Fire up FSX

Load aircraft(A319) at LOWI OK

A319 aircraft engines running

RHS MCDU, activate Cold and dark State.

A319 Aircraft in cold and dark state OK

switch on both batteries and ext power OK

Light up flight instruments OK

RHS MCDU, Load Fuel, Select Loadsheet and Instant loading OK

Turn on Checklist and CoPilot, Commence checklists as required. OK

LHS MCDU Flight plan prepared in Flight Sim Comm, found and loaded OK

LHS MCDU Complete the various screens. OK

Altimiter set to 12000 OK

RHS MCDU Checklist, Start Push OK

Push Back and Engines started. Parking Brake applied. OK

OK, this is where I wanted to "save " where I was...So:

In FSX, Save flight, give it a name/description,ok

RHS MCDU, ACFT STATE, SAVE USER STATE. it went to my documents>Aerosoft>Airbus(were there were some backups,Flightplan and Fuel Planer folders. I created a file name. It was given an .asc file . Saved file.

Aircraft checksheet was waiting for Taxying.

I Ended the FSX flight. Now back at the FSX splash screen.

Loaded the FSX flight (and got back to LOWI with the aircraft positioned as I left it. Both MCDU's were not set?? ummm, so FSX save did nothing for them.

RHS MCDU, ACFT STATE, LOAD USER STATE. it went to my documents>Aerosoft>Airbus, where I found the asc file I had saved. I selected it and "opened" it, taken back to the RHS MCDU. Tried loadsheet..nothing

LHS MCDU No flight plan etc.

So, maybe I am doing some thing wrong or my file structure is incorrect?

Hi Ged,

first question after updating to 1.21c: Is everything OK e. g. are all your systems working properly as required? Then just create a flight like you did before. There is only one limitation if you are using the CL one CL should have been completed when saving the flight. Then save the flight like you did. After saving there should be 4 additional files with different endings (ASC, FLT, FSSAVE and WX) in your folder User\Own Documents\Flight Simulator X Files and one with the same name but FMS ending in the folder User\Own Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus. So all together there are 5 files saved in different folders with different endings.

Then start FSX and load any flight using an FSX standard plane - do not load the saved flight from the Free Flight Menu -. When FSX has started completely load your flight, from within FSX, put the thrust lever in the same position when saving the flight and set the CL and Copilot function again to ON. That's it.........

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the quick reply.

In my FSX docs folder I have 5 additional files:

Logbook.BIN

a319 tutorial1.asc

A319 TUTORIAL1.FLT

A319tutorial1.FSSAVE

A319tutorial1.WX

And in the Aerosoft.airbus:

TUT1 READY FOR TAXI.asc

a319tutorial1.fms

So this seems to be as expected. OK, I will try the reload as you advise what happens.

Hi Rolf,

OK, It loads better, For some reason, the exit door opened when loaded?. Will need to test and see if all ok. Will report back soon.

Hi Rolf,

Just completed the LOWI-LFMN flight.a few issues that practice will solve.

Now, when I did the reload "correctly" a few times, I noticed a few things:

When first loaded, I noticed the parking brake was no longer set and we were rolling...

The main exit opens a few seconds after loading and has to be re-closed.

Heading button needs re-pushing

Altitude button needs re-pushing

Spoiler needs re-arming

And as you said, the CL needed re starting.

None of these big issues and soon solved.

What are the rules when saving a flight in progress?

There is only one rule for saving (but only if you are using the CL and CP function): One CL has to be completed........... We also know that there are still some bugs but in the meantime those are solved and the fix will be part of SP3.

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks Rolf,

Thank you for the fantastic support and SP3 in the future. It amazes me how quickly you and other very knowledgeable people respond to issues. Great product.

Archived