Custom Cameras and "pan reset" function

For all of my aircraft I have substituted a custom camera to the "cameras.cfg" file in place of the "Locked spot" default camera activated by the "F11" key. The camera is an external view and tracks the user aircraft, but on the world axis, so the camera always points in the same direction regardless of aircraft heading, and is set up so I can pan around and set it to any (World Axis) direction.

This works OK on Airbus too, but I find that if I switch to VC view and then switch back to the World axis view, the view direction has been reset to what it was originally, and I have to pan around again, which I can live with, but is a PITA! :(

I've read in the manual that the pan reset command is used to reset views in the VC, and it seems to be used for external views also.

Is there any way I can overcome the pan reset function?

Cheers

Dave

Answering my own question - Yes there is, turn the Panel Bar option off (MCDU2-->Views-->Panel bar)

(Or turn the Views Option Off all together). Panning then works perfectly, and the last view angle is retained when switching back and forth. Downside is of course that you lose the built in views functionality.

Archived