1.21C issues, exterior engine start and internal 'jolt' on IAE

Hi,

I was pretty certain that the looping/jolting issue that was happening on the IAE startup (internal cockpit) in previous versions was fixed with 1.21? In 1.21C or could be a previous hotfix but the issue seems to have come back. I have noticed that the engine start timing and N1 readings was tweaked? It looks much much more accurate now thats awesome although the jolting that would happen when the STS appears and the combustion begins around ~7.6N1 appears to be back with the latest version.

I also noticed that the exterior engine start sound seems to loop halfway through the first start sequence (before the fuel is added/combustion) and replays the original spoolup of selecting engine start. I am not sure if this may be related to the first issue as they seem to happen around the same time. I have tried it with different sounds therefore I am leaning toward it being a coding issue and not sound file issue, especially with the jolting issue.

Cheers

In relation to the issue that used to jolt/stutter the VC during the startup (combustion) with IAE, I've noticed it seems that sometimes it doesn't happen ie; is an intermittent issue. Not sure if devs are aware of this?

But is anyone else experiencing during external engine start the startup sound loops before the comb start? The sounds themselves are smooth but after 10 or so seconds the original start sound loops and doesnt blend smoothly with the combustion start of the engine? Is this issue aware and being worked on? I can provide a video if necessary?

Do you happen to have any problems with the cfm 319 models ?

Since it is part of the new TSS IAE soundset it will most likely happen on the a319 also, I dont own it but chances are it will. I managed to fix several problems with the soundset most of which were looping issues and the sound files such as the engine start and apu needed to be extended to match the revised and more accurate timings :)

Archived