I5 4690K vs I7 4790K ....

Hey everyone I need your opinion on this, I need opinion from those who are using either of this two CPU I5 4690K and I7 4790K. I'm planning to upgrade my CPU but I've searched the performance between this two CPU. On most other games like BF4, FARCRY...etc....and there's not much of only about 3-5 fps difference..but I can't find the performance results on FSX...so I need to know between these two CPU is there any big difference ?? and by that I mean the FSX slider is full max and load with many addons like PMDG, AEROSOFT, AIRPORT addons all those...

Since the price is about $100++ difference...should I get the I5 or the I7 ?? Is the performance results very big between this two CPU ??

Sorry if this question is asked many times.....

Thank you

Best Regards,

Sam

For FSX you should always go for an I7.

Since FSX is so CPU dependant the only way to get good fps is to go for an I7 if you can afford it.

Even with the I7 you won't be able to go all sliders max with all the modern addons though. I got the 4790K and a GTX770 and I have my Autogen set to low to get a smooth experience using FTX Global, Open LC, addons for each airport i fly to, REX, ASN, etc.

For FSX you should always go for an I7.

Since FSX is so CPU dependant the only way to get good fps is to go for an I7 if you can afford it.

Even with the I7 you won't be able to go all sliders max with all the modern addons though. I got the 4790K and a GTX770 and I have my Autogen set to low to get a smooth experience using FTX Global, Open LC, addons for each airport i fly to, REX, ASN, etc.

From what i have read, the only difference regarding FSX is that the i7 is hyper threadning compatible. FSX does not use this setup anyway?

Archived