Scenery Airport Amsterdam

Hello, I am new to the X-plane scene and I have recently acquired scenery software Airport Amsterdam and Dusseldorf.

Are there instructions available for the installation of the software on a MAC version?

Thank you.

Hello Heinz,

I have downloaded Java accordingly, thank you!

The email I received from X-plane.org redirects me to the download page with the link and information i.e. serial number.

When I click on the link it downloads a HTML page with another link to a BIN and ZIP file.

/Downloads/AS_AIRPORT-AMSTERDAM_X-PLANE_MAC-LINUX/Airport%20Amsterdam.app/

/Downloads/AS_AIRPORT-DUSSELDORF_XPLANE/Mac/Airport%20Dusseldorf.app/

I get an error message when I double click on the unzipped the files, message reads as follows:

“Airport Amsterdam (Dusseldorf)” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Your assistance is much appreciated!

Mfg Tony

• 2 months later...

I tried to install the X-Plane 10 scenery for Airport Amsterdam.bin, in Linux Mint 17.1. When I got to the window of installer for giving the X-Plane base folder, I gave it as $ ~/X-Plane because that is the name. After clicking next I got the message "Please choose a valid folder like C:\X-Plane", so I looked in the forums here and saw a similar problem installing Zurich airport in Linux. I applied the work around for it to Airport Amsterdam.bin and it installed.

This is what I applied:

greg@greg-B85M-D3H:~$ cd X-Plane
greg@greg-B85M-D3H:~$ mkdir X-Plane.app
greg@greg-B85M-D3H:~$ touch X-Plane-i686
greg@greg-B85M-D3H:~$ touch X-Plane.exe
greg@greg-B85M-D3H:~$ cd ..
greg@greg-B85M-D3H:~$ ./"Airport Amsterdam.bin"

It installed alright after giving the location of X-Plane folder step. I just wanted to let the admin and programmers know there is a problem installing Airport Amsterdam.bin in Linux with a similar workaround for other airports.

Archived