Aerosoft F-16 missing liveries

spanner76

I recently purchased FSX Steam edition and went ahead re-installing all of my payware aircraft. I installed the Aerosoft F-16 but I noticed that only 3 liveries are available!?

I had a look in the installation folder and all the individual livery folders seemed to have installed correctly but they don't show up in FSX. Yes I have checked the box to show all liveries.

Any clues to why this would be happening?

I wonder why this is happening.. It didn't do this on my previous FSX installation. Maybe its a FSX Steam edition issue.. still it bugs me as I can't figure out how to fix it.. =(

• 1 month later...

I finally figured it out, as I was also struggling with this issue. After installation, I only had 3 liveries: Thunderbird, BAF Demo and KLU Demo. The reason why all the others won't show up is because the folders "panel" and/or "sound" aren't complete. Simply copy the "panel" and "sound" folder from the "Aerosoft F-16C Clean" and paste and overwrite it into all the other F-16 aircraft files.

How to fix:

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16C Clean
2. Copy both the "sound" and "panel" folder
3. Paste and overwrite to all the other F-16 aircrafts folders

Enjoy :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I finally figured it out, as I was also struggling with this issue. After installation, I only had 3 liveries: Thunderbird, BAF Demo and KLU Demo. The reason why all the others won't show up is because the folders "panel" and/or "sound" aren't complete. Simply copy the "panel" and "sound" folder from the "Aerosoft F-16C Clean" and paste and overwrite it into all the other F-16 aircraft files.

How to fix:

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16C Clean

2. Copy both the "sound" and "panel" folder

3. Paste and overwrite to all the other F-16 aircrafts folders

Enjoy :-)

thats fantastic! it works perfectly now! thanks very much! =)

• 1 month later...

I will have that checked guys!

Jonas

Sorry guys but seems the "solution" what Kkristians1 posted is not good. At least that's not perfect.

In my Airplanes folder there are 23 "Aerosoft F-16..." sub-folders. 21 for players' aircraft and 2 for AI.

In the 23 "Aerosoft F-16..." sub-folders there are 25 sound-config files. More accurately 23 sound.cfg and 2 soundai.cfg files.

All contain the same - except the sound.cfg in the "Aerosoft F-16C Clean/Sound" folder, what is the source file what the other use as well.

The other 24 must contain this only: (sound.cfg)

[fltsim]
alias=Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Sound
so all the 22 "Aerosoft F-16.../Sound" sub-folders need only the sound.cfg with the 2 lines "[fltsim] alias=Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Sound" description, except the 1 "Aerosoft F-16C Clean/Sound" folder which has the longer/source description.

Moreover both the AI sound files use the same sound.cfg with the 2 lines "[fltsim] alias=Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Sound" description.

so you dont need to copy and overwrite all the sound folders. You need only that short sound.cfg file in all Sound folders ! ! ! (except the source "Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Sound" folder ! ! !)

and now about the "Panel" files

There must be 21 panel folders, 21 for players' aircraft. The 2 AI folders dont need "Panel" folders.
There are 2 different source "Panel" folders. 1 in the "Aerosoft F-16A 9" folder and 1 in the "Aerosoft F-16AM Display" folder.

Only the "Aerosoft F-16C Clean" use the "Aerosoft F-16AM Display" folder "panel.cfg" source file.

this is:

[fltsim]
alias=Aerosoft F-16AM Display\Panel
other 18 "Aerosoft F-16..." folders need/use the "Aerosoft F-16A 9" folder "panel.cfg" source file.
[fltsim]
alias=Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel
file names in the non-source Panel folders: these 3 needed only:
panel.cfg
asc.cfg
asc.dll
However all the liveries depends on the Aircraft.cfg file.
Cheers

• 10 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 8:44 AM, Jonas Scholz said:

I will have that checked guys!

Jonas

Has anybody ever fixed this..?  this thread is almost 1 year old, but today I go install my F-16 package and find the exact same issue, despite your "I will have that checked" of a year ago..?

• 3 months later...

Here's the solution.  After I renamed Panel.cfg.Xpack to Panel.cfg, all the deliveries appeared.  BTW I used P3DV3.

From the blog below:

The problem is that a lot of the F-16 liveries reference the "Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel" folder and if you look in that folder, there is no panel.cfg, but there are Panel.cfg.SP2 and Panel.cfg.Xpack. So I would conclude an installation step is missing when Aerosoft installer does not recognise Steam Edition and so does not rename one of those files. I simply make a copy of the Panel.cfg.Xpack file and rename it to Panel.cfg.

http://flight-simulator-fsx.blogspot.com/2015/06/fsx-steam-edition-aerosoft-f-16-missing.html

Archived