Hello everyone, i have this laptop spec : Win8 64bit

Intel Core i5 2.7Ghz

Graphic Card Geforce 840M 2GB

RAM 4GB

When i try to play FSX, i can't reach high fps, the maximum is about 15, even drop when i play the aerosoft airbus and the scenery like aerosoft frankfurt. Any tips to get the best performance and best fps? Thank you. Sorry for my bad english.

FSX needs a lot of CPU power so basically the 2.7 GHz is not that good for FSX.

Also 4 GB RAM is not enough and with some Addons like airports and aircraft you will get OOMs (=out of memory) which will shut down the FSX.

:(

FSX needs a lot of CPU power so basically the 2.7 GHz is not that good for FSX.

Also 4 GB RAM is not enough and with some Addons like airports and aircraft you will get OOMs (=out of memory) which will shut down the FSX.

:(

Ouuuw sadly :byesad_s: by the way thanks for your help buddy :excellenttext_s:

I'm not aware of any laptops--even high-end gaming laptops--that can carry the load FSX/P3D require. It's all about CPU and, even to get the decent performance I get, I'd need a laptop that would either burn my legs or burn through my desk...

Laptops are never as powerful as desktop computers, if you want to run FSX a bit good you got to run it on a desktop computer. Of course this desktop computer needs to be powerful, wich means a good CPU (preferably i7 and as much GHz as possible) and 8 or more GB of internal memory. It also helps to have an SSD instead of a HDD.

I have an Alienware i7 laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. It has a 250 GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. I have found that I have been able to install the FSX on the SSD although whenever possible I have tried to install scenery on the 1 TB Hard disc. I use Direct X10 and my system works very well

Michael Houghton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived