Topcat

Beaufort T. Justice

Any progress to support TOPCAT? It is still a big disadvantage compared to Navigraph, that NavDataPro is not able to update the TOPCAT database. One should expect it should be possible by software means to use the excellent database of NavDataPro for TOPCAT.

• 1 month later...

I think that NavDataPro is missing quite a vital part in not supporting TOPCAT. Support is given to PFPX and TOPCAT is a "linked" product.

The only way a user can currently update TOPCAT is to use Navigraph. I shall have to seriously consider moving over to that product as my sole provider if NavDataPro doesn't enable this.

Currently I have both but I cannot justify the expense in future when Navigraph supports all my products.

I've looked at the raw data in the TOPCAT database and it's not difficult to see it's structure, even if the producers of TOPCAT haven't supplied the data requirements.

This seems to be something that Aerosoft need to take action and advise its customers what is happening. Even if the answer is we're not going to do it, then we would all know where we stand.

Hope someone at AS can give positive answers sooner rather than later.

Ray

Archived