Landing Gear Sounds

A nice to gave feature would be a more realistic extension/retraction soundest for the nose landing gear. Anyone who has ever flown in either the flightdeck or even row 1,will know how clunky this sound can be.

Not sure what exactly you mean. I've actually flown quite some flights in the flightdeck already, but on none of them I heared any sort of special sound like you have in the 737 for example.

Hi Emi

I have spent several hours on A320 jump seats, normally as an observer during aircraft lease return demonstration flights. The nose gear does have a distinctive noise especially when you are sitting right above it

• Deputy Sheriffs

I never heard a sound that is "typical" Airbus when retracting the landing gear.

Many aircraft have the wheel brake pads in the nosegear compartment removed. If the nose wheels themselves have a small imbalance you hear this very good after gear retraction when they spin down.

As we are modeling an Airbus in prestine shape, no imbalance in the wheel assy, this sound will not be heard.

Hope that answers your request.

Ps, if you want clunky fly on an CRJ and wait for gear down. This always feels like being hit by flak. ;)

Archived