No Brightness on all CRTs

kmanning

I want to know why it is now that every time I load the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, all of the CRTs are not lighting up. They are all blacked out. This includes the PFD, ND, and the upper and lower ECAMs. This did not happen until after I updated it to Version 1.16. I happen to noticed that the brightness control knobs for the PFD, ND and the ECAMs appeared to be turned all the way down. So, I turned them up and the CRTs lit up. It appears to me that the Airbus is being loaded with the brightness control knobs turned all the way down and every time I load the aircraft, I have to turn the brightness control knobs up and there's no sense in this. The manual doesn't say anything about this issue. Why is it that the developers find that they have to design this Airbus update with the brightness control knobs turned down?

Ken.

Why do you call this an issue? If you load the Airbus Cold and Dark this is correct, as it's SOP to turn the brightness all the way down when leaving the aircraft.

If you want a panelstate where the displays are already lit you should use the turnaround panelstate as default panelstate.

Yes, I agree with you. But it wasn't loaded with the aircraft cold and dark. It was loaded with the aircraft engines running and ready to go, just like I've always done with the previous version. After installing the updated version, I loaded the aircraft and this is what I came up with. The engines were running just like in the previous version but the CRT screens were not lit. So, if the default is with the engines running, the CRT screens should have been lit, correct? I guess I install it correctly. As a matter of fact, I uninstalled the previous version then installed the version 1.16. Was I correct to uninstall the previous version before installing the update? Let me check and find out what state the panel is in. It seems to me that since I did not mess with the panel state in the first place, everything should have loaded with the engines running as well as the CRTs being lit just as it has always done in the previous versions.

Thanks, Ken.

If you load any panelstate other than Cold and Dark the screens should be lit, correct. Maybe the aircraft didn't initialise correctly. Could you try to reinstall it?

Also make sure your aircraft in the default FSX flight is either the default C172, or the default Trike.

Uninstalling the old version was correct, yes.

Hi,

Well, I reinstalled the Aerosoft Airbus Extended and it still does the same thing. After re-installing and running FSX, it asked me to update the FS2 Crew RAAS for the Airbus. So, I updated it to the latest version. Then, I ran FSX and loaded the Aerosoft Iberia Airbus and haven't saved any panel states. So, the only thing I know to do is to go to the MCDM2 and select the panel state. I don't understand why it's not initializing correctly but I assume it should work okay after I save the panel state. Thanks for your help.

Ken.

Archived