Starting and throttle problems

MrKev

Using A318/319 x.

I will try to explain it in simple terms!

Easy jet 319 CFM. Works fine.

Using British airways 319 AIE ....Engines spool up however EPR ratio is 0 and EGT does not increase either (extra dials on the top engine display not shown on the CFM) If using the checklist the captain would normally say that the engine is now stable. then you move on to starting the second engine.This happens every time with the CFM Easyjet. British Airways 319AIE does not happen. It appears the engine is not starting correctly. Is the starting procedure different? as in am I not doing something?

However if then try to open the throttles then they respond but the N1 increases far higher than normal and will not reduce to idle even if I then close the throttle. If I move the throttle again from closed the engines spool up even higher. a slight nudge on the throttle keeps on collectively increasing the engine revs.

If I close FSX and reload it using easy jet CFM, it works fine.

Its very odd !

Any Suggestions?

Kev

Archived