Airbus X Extended Rudder

BigBadBenji

Hello,

I received the Airbus X Extended (A320/A321) for Christmas. It is an amazing product and I can't wait to get flying it.

Whilst learning the aircraft and getting used to the checklists I noticed an issue with the rudder.

I have a Logitech Attack 3 joystick in which I have assigned three keys to the rudder of the Airbus in the FSX - Control options menu. The three keys operate rudder trim left, rudder trim centre and rudder trim right. When I press any of these keys on the joystick the airbus recognises the input (as shown on the FCTL lower ECAM display) however on external view the rudder isn't moving at all.

I have read on many forums that the 'Autorudder' option in FSX - Realism options should be selected on. Although in your manual Vol1_InFSX, which came with the disc, states that this option should not be selected. I have also turned the Autorudder option to on in the right MCDU under 'Options' - 'Flight'. I have tried a combination of all these options and these results are the same.

I noticed this problem when running through the checklists on the right MCDU. During the After Start checklists the PnF Co-pilot asks for the rudders to be set full left and full right to which I could not do.

Do I need rudder pedals or have I missed something really obvious?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ben

Hi Ben,<br />

If you select Autorudder, you dont need any other settings for the rudder as its "Auto"<br />

What you need to assign is the Tiller Axis and the Brake Axis in this Area. I assume you already has set the throttles and flightstick/Joystick.

Max Reverse, thank you for your quick response.

So I should select Autorudder in FSX and the right MCDU or just one of them?

I did discover this yesterday after posting that the tiller is used to taxi the aircraft below 20knots. I understand from what you have said that I can remove my rudder assignments from my joystick and assign the tiller axis and brake axis instead via the FSX control/button assignments?

Best regards.

Archived