1.17 Flight Plans won't import into NGX anymore

I just updated to 1.17, however now my flight plans suddenly can't be imported into the PMDG NGX FMC. I get a message saying "destination not found in rte... import aborted" - with 1.16 everything was just fine. Any idea what changed?

Yup after an update they have now broken that on purpose - they think its easy to just do it manually - and they will tell you the same thing - I all ready posted this long time ago in avsim so it is what it is unfortunately

Fails for me also. Used to work OK before this last update. The PFPX program still list PMDG as a location that it can export the flight plan to. So, I think this is a bug introduced by the new update. Anyone else this problem?

JIm

I switched back & forth a few times between 1.16 and 1.17 to compare the flightplans generated.

I was exporting from PFPX in four formats: Avlasoft EFB, PMDG, PMDG NGX and MS FSX.

It seems 1.17 exports a broken flightplan to <fsx>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS and a correct flightplan to <fsx>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX

If you delete the broken one from the first folder, the NGX FMC will correctly import the company route from the second folder.

Whether it was done deliberatly or otherwise - people aren't going to be happy about this.

The current position on exported PMDG flightplans:

B744 (probably MD11 also ) format is incorrect and cannot be imported.

The 777 has the option to use its own 777 folder, NGX or Generic locations, it is the generic that has issues so don't use this.

For the NGX simply disable the Generic export option ( PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS ) until the issue is resolved. The NGX will use its own dedicated file located PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX. If you export the generic plan it blocks the NGX from importing at this time, delete the errant file in PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS.

PMDG 777 Flightplans:

As above mentioned, PFPX V 1.17 changed the way the route data is converted to PMDG. Use as above mentiones the extra 777 PMDG path to export the flightplans.

The only issue I have now: I cant request WIND DATA on LEGS page. Any PMDG 777 pilot has the same issue? any workaround?

Regards and happy flying in the new year

Alex, LSZH

PMDG 777 Flightplans:

As above mentioned, PFPX V 1.17 changed the way the route data is converted to PMDG. Use as above mentiones the extra 777 PMDG path to export the flightplans.

The only issue I have now: I cant request WIND DATA on LEGS page. Any PMDG 777 pilot has the same issue? any workaround?

Regards and happy flying in the new year

Alex, LSZH

The 777 uses the WX folder for wind data, PFPX still creates that entry, I don't see any change.

Only difference affects the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS format

I just updated to 1.17, however now my flight plans suddenly can't be imported into the PMDG NGX FMC. I get a message saying "destination not found in rte... import aborted" - with 1.16 everything was just fine. Any idea what changed?

Same happens with the PMDG 747X.

If you load the flight into the FMC nothing loads up.

It used to work before 1.17.

Checked the file format on previous exports and present exports and it changed.

Previous Export example of file:

Generated by PFPX 07 Dec 2014 13:14 UTC
EGLL
DIRECT
1 N 51.4775 W 0.4614 83
-----
-
DET
UL6
1 N 51.3040 E 0.5973 0
DVR
UL9
1 N 51.1626 E 1.3591 0
NOW PRESENT FORM EXAMPLE:
// Generated by PFPX 05 Jan 2015 18:37 UTC
EGLL
27L
WSSS
02L
-
EGLL
-
DET
UL6
DVR
UL9
KONAN
UL607
MATUG
UZ660
RASPU
UL984
SULUS
UZ650
REBLA
UM977
ADINA
L851
Both with same extension exported from PFPX.

The previous RTE version was not fully compatible with the 747 hence the change. ( route pages didn't populate )

Export RT2 'ONLY' to the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder and the 744 will import correctly.

NGX and 777 export to their dedicated folders.

I would point out that users have suggested the 747 required the RT2 format rather than RTE whereas it is capable of using both in the correct format.

Ticket raised.

Archived