New PFPX 1.17 version available

Hi Judith and Christian

I use PFPX v1.16 and just wanted to upgrade to v1.17 but unfortunately neither the upgrade installer (v1.16 to v1.17) nor the full installer (v1.17) work. In the past, I never had any problems with the installers. Any help provided?

Thanks a lot in advance and a happy new year.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Hi Otto

When I start the installer in admin mode, nothing happens. Not even the installer start screen appears that normally guides you through the upgrade. It's like you click on an exe-file but nothing happens. Hope this additional information helps. Any ideas why it's not working? Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Daniel

Just a quick note to let everybody know that I have sent a support request for my problem with the installer. I am now just wondering if somebody else has the same problem with the installer or if I am the only one. This might help to figure out if the problem is with the installer or with me (or my computer).

Regards,

Daniel

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your quick feedback; this helps a lot and I try now to figure out why my computer cannot handle the installer (maybe the problem is Vista?)

Regards and a happy new year,

Daniel

Hm, it's more than strage. I checked the installer for v1.16 and v1.15 and they run smoothly without any problems. Just the installer v1.17 doesn't work on my computer. Maybe the developer has an idea how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that I was able to solve the problem with the installer. Most likely it was an issue with the browser and it finally helped to download the update with IE and to run directly the exe-file after downloading within IE.

Regards and a happy new year,

Daniel

CFMU validation bug still unfixed in 1.17... :-(

A friendly bug report submitted via the support request form last year went without any reaction.

When will we finally get this feature back, which is currently reporting "server subscription expired" although that was never announced as one of the features requiring a subscription?

the only issue I have is everything works for pmdg aircraft except for the ifly747v2, now I solved my issue by using the browse option that's on the top and not using the browse options that are on the right hand side now all aircraft saves corrcetly

Hi

I was wondering has the UI issue with the schedule been address?

I downgraded from v1.16 to v1.15 and it works fine.

I upgraded to the lastest v1.17 and I still can not see the schedule entries.

I know there are some reports that version 1.17 is working fine. What information am I missing

if the UI only works with version 1.15v.

Bob

I tried exporting flightplans to PMDG and the format seems to be incorrect. The MD-11 isn't recognizing the flightplan.

I opened a new one and an old one with a text editor and they're pretty much different.

I have the same problem with the 737-800 NGX.

Peter

G'Day, Installed 1.17 OK, but PMDG 747 does not recognise the .rte being generated. It is radically different from the .rte files generated by 1.16, which PMDG recognised. You've fixed one problem (FSX recognises the .pln as IFR now) but created another one! How about we go for 1.18 -- write the .pln as in 1.17 and the .rte as in 1.16. You'll be good then. Cheers, QFA747

G'Day, Installed 1.17 OK, but PMDG 747 does not recognise the .rte being generated. It is radically different from the .rte files generated by 1.16, which PMDG recognised. You've fixed one problem (FSX recognises the .pln as IFR now) but created another one! How about we go for 1.18 -- write the .pln as in 1.17 and the .rte as in 1.16. You'll be good then. Cheers, QFA747

Please update it to hotfix 1.17.6.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/90614-hotfix-1176/

Hello,

After the 1.17 update I'm now having issue with extra fuel calculation, I use a custom template for PMDG 77W which worked well in all previous versions of PFPX, but now I'm getting extra fuel calculation for 10+ hours of flight time, which will of course cause an over-weight. I tried to modify time or quantity in extra fuel fields but of no use. I found the calculation works when the aircraft is light loaded (about 30 pax), when I have 100+ pax, PFPX tends to full fill the tanks somehow...

Thanks for the help!

Yuchen Leng

Very strange. After the update and latest hotfix I was having the similar issue of the schedules disappearing (W7 64 bit). Went back to 1.15 all was fine then tried updating again and same thing. Then I copied the hotfix into the PFPX folder without deleting the 1.15 executable and when I ran it it asked for my key code (which the full installer did not) and now the schedules are back and I have what appears to be 1.17.7.

Assuming I should now delete the old exec?

John.

Archived