Differences between logged in as admin or "normal" user?

NiclasGER

Good morning! :-)

I have got a problem and I'm not sure how to fix it... (I'm form Germany so I hope you can understand what I mean.)

I installed FSX (Gold Edition) on my Admin-Account on my computer. I selected "Install for all users".

I installed the Aersoft Airbusses also on the same account.

But I am "playing" FSX on an other simple user account. And there is the problem:
When I starting the flight and chosing the cold and dark mode I cannot open the doors, ground services don't work (also the external power).

Crazy is: When I'm playing FSX on the Admin-account everything works clearly and well! And when I open the FSX "as admin" on my simple user account I also don't have these mentioned troubles.

Can you help me please, I don't want to open the FSX "as admin" all the time.

There are also some other problems:
When I open the FuelPlanner on my user account I get an error. When I open the FuelPlanner "as admin" everything works.

And I have got a problem with the Flight Recorder. It doesn't work. Not as admin and not as simple user.

If you need any files don't hesitate to inform me, than I'll attach them!

I hope you can help me!

Kind regards

Niclas

• Deputy Sheriffs

You should never install applications under the Administrator account. So to correct your problem uninstall everything you installed under this account and reboot your PC. Then do the following:

1. login with your normal user account
  2. run the FSX installer as Administrator: right click on the setup file and choose "Run as Administrator"
  3. DO NOT INSTALL IN THE DEAFULT PATH C:\Program Files...., choose anything else like C:\FSX
  4. repeat step 2+3 for any addons you are installing
  5. In the future run FSX always as Administrator by right click on the fsx.exe -> properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Administrator"

Okay, thank you very much. But why shouldn't I install them on the admin account?

Don't worry, FSX already has a path for his own! ;-)

But why does it works well, when I open it only as admin? It should also work when I am a normal user, shouldn't it? I'm a bit confused about that.

And what's about the FuelPlanner Error and die Flight Recorder?

• Deputy Sheriffs

And the reason for not being logged in as Administrator and use this account all the time (even for installing nothing, but just playing around) is, that this account has in fact no restrictions and any virus or troian you catch while being logged in as administrator would highly benefit from that. And trust me, you don't want that!

Archived