V1 < 100kts

McChester

Hello,

yesterday i flew an A319 out of LOWI. Moderate snowfalls, contaminated RWY, high GW and activated ANTI-ICE Systems gave me a V1 of 88 knots on this short runway. But unfortunately the MCDU only accepts a V1 that is 100kts or greater. Upon entering anything below 100kts, I get a "BAD FORMAT" error in the scratchpad. I suppose this is an easy fix, looking forward to it.

kind regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the RW your max take off weight would be around 52 t on the 08. This will give you an V1 of around 110 kts.

Try the same situation with 52t and see what V1 you get.

Any higher weight is not possible. This is a limitation of the V speed software. It does not take the PTOW into account.

V1 is therefor not correct and you should just use 100 or more.

Hope it helps

Ps, we limited the V1 to 100 during the beta because some other processes are dependant on it. So a change is highly unlikely.

So, I played around a little with Roland Wukovits' TPC, and with 52t I get a V1 of 82. I always assumed that Rolands Data is a little off, but those speeds seem a little ridiculous. Due to the lack of TOPCAT Data for the A319, I used Rolands tool for the V-speeds calculation, but maybe I am better off using the stock data in the AS-Airbus. ;)

TPC is a great tool, the problem is just that in "extreme" situations it can be off a bit.

Under normal conditions it does a great job though. I like it and I always use it.

Archived