Twin Otter Extended Fuel Planner and Prepar3D v2.4

BadPilot1966

Hello,

I use the AS Twin Otter Extended with Prepa3D v2.4 and several Orbx products. I only got Prepar3D because I wanted to fly this aircraft (my favourite AddOn!) with Orbx with a more stable sim and I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed! Finally no CTD anymore... And Prepar3D definitely delivers a much improved sim experience compared to FSX. I'm a happy man... :excellenttext_s:

Everything seems to work great except one little problem: The Fuel Planner doesn't work. I only get the message "Aerosoft Twin Otter X Fuel Planner funktioniert nicht mehr" when I'm trying to use it.

I already installed the "Hotfix 1-3 Complete" for Prepar3D v2 and I'm using the latest version of the Twin Otter. Everything was installed in administrator mode. My OS is Win 7 (64bit).

With FSX the Fuel Planner works without any problems... :mecry_s:

I would be grateful if someone could help me with this little problem!

• Deputy Sheriffs

When exactly do you get the message? I just chekced it and alll is OK. Very important P3D must be running when loadig the fuelplanner and clicking on "Load fuel and payload".

Hello Otto,

first of all: Thanks for trying to help me! :)

"Vehicles -> Fuel and Payload" within P3D indeed works without a problem! I refer to the "AS TwinOtterX FuelPlanner" program. You can find it here: Programs -> Aerosoft -> Twin Otter Extended.

This program doesn't work - with or without P3D running. :confused_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

I was only talking bout the Twotter fuelplanner. ;)

What do you see in the Start menu under Aerosoft, I got 2 entries

- Twin Otter X Extended - FSX

- Twin Otter X Extended - PREPAR3D V2.x

Both of them work, the only "bug": when I run the fuelplanner for P3D and P3d is not running, it asks for "FSX" to be running.

OK... :)

I do only see the "Twin Otter Extended - Prepar3D V2.x" entry as FSX is not installed anymore...

Do you also use Win 7 (64 bit) as OS?

Maybe there's someone else here with the same problem? Would be interesting...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, also use W7/64. Try the following:

Run the fuel planner from the directory where it has been installed and run it as Administrator. If this does not work, make sure that simconnect for P3D is installed, as suggested here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/85495-black-screen-and-side-stick-not-working/

Although I'm not sure whether simconnect is needed.

Running the fuel planner in administrator mode didn't help. Same problem...

Are you sure, these three msi's should be installed for P3D? They seem to be developed for FSX ("Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 Development Kit")! I'm a little concerned about installing...

Besides: P3D was installed AFTER deinstalling FSX. So everything should be fine... :confused_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Running the fuel planner in administrator mode didn't help. Same problem...

Are you sure, these three msi's should be installed for P3D? They seem to be developed for FSX ("Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 Development Kit")! I'm a little concerned about installing...

Besides: P3D was installed AFTER deinstalling FSX. So everything should be fine... :confused_s:

Yes, this is exctly the problem, as P3D doesn't install simconnect per default and if you uninstall FSX before installing P3D, simconnect gets lost.

After installing SimConnect everything works fine now with P3D v2! :cool3_s:

Thanks a lot for your help, Otto! :grouprespect_s:

Maybe this information should be added to the Twin Otter Extended FAQ for P3D v2 users?

Archived