P3D V2.4 Liveries

dbw

Let me start by saying this is a great aircraft and it works beautifully in this sim. I'm a recent convert to P3d.

Also, I am not the sharpest guy when it comes to computers. I would like to add additional liveries but when researching the various threads here I must say I am confused with what to do. It seems that people who know what they're doing are having challenges. With fsx it was so easy.

If at some point Aerosoft were to have a package of liveries for P2d V2 for purchase I would indeed buy.

One more question is there anywhere where someone would make some liveries? I would be pleased to pay for their time.

All the best.

Dave

in Winnipeg

Let me start by saying this is a great aircraft and it works beautifully in this sim. I'm a recent convert to P3d.

Also, I am not the sharpest guy when it comes to computers. I would like to add additional liveries but when researching the various threads here I must say I am confused with what to do. It seems that people who know what they're doing are having challenges. With fsx it was so easy.

If at some point Aerosoft were to have a package of liveries for P2d V2 for purchase I would indeed buy.

One more question is there anywhere where someone would make some liveries? I would be pleased to pay for their time.

All the best.

Dave

in Winnipeg

Hi Dave,

There's really nothing to it.

Plenty on livery downloads in this forum. At the top of this page under the Aerosoft logo click on "downloads" and look thru the repaints for the different Airbuses. I believe there's a few Air Canada paints in there. Download whichever you like.

Adding liveries into these Airbuses is fairly straightforward. Make your way to "P3D home directory\Aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319\Livery Manager" and run the livery manager.exe. Point that program to the P3D root directory and then tell it where the zip file of the repaint is. If all goes well, and it will, 15 seconds later the new livery is installed.

There is a separate livery installer for the A320_A321 also in it's own directory. And one "gotcha"..... when done installing, the livery manager might hang in P3D but all you need to do is "cancel" and you should be fine.

Winnipeg: home of Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to add my thanks to those that answered dbw's question, I searched the forum for just such a question and I can confirm I installed a new livery into P3D for the A320 (Qatar) in about 2 seconds flat with no issue at all

Regards

Dave W

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I've just installed Prepar3d and I am trying to add my custom liveries. Although the Livery manager is within the Airbus A320 - A321 Prepar3d V2.4 folder the livery destination is pointing to my FSX folder. I have tried to amend this but the livery manager will not let me do this.

Archived