Freight Dog Scenery crash to desktop.

shirestw

Can anyone help me? After I downloaded Freight Dogs scenery and started fs9, about 2 to 3 minutes after the session begins at any of the locations in the scenery package, fs9 crashes. So I uninstalled and re-installed and that didn't work. Then I uninstalled and deleted the origanal zip file and downloaded another one from my account in attempt to start from scratch. That also did not work. Is there any known reason why fs9 keeps crashing at these locations? I'm not required to have freight dogs in addition to freight dogs scenery, am I? Thank you for any assistance you may provide.

Todd

You know, this really sucks. I hate ordering something with the confidence it will work properly and it does not. And if so, customer support should be readily and expeditiously available. I hate having to rely on forums. I shouldn't have to wait so long for a reply and a solution to my problem. Can anyone help me out here or what?

Hello Todd,

You posted very early in the morning and no one would be around in Europe normally. I take it you did'nt read this thread here.

Have you made sure that you have installed FS9.1, if you have try re-installing it to see if that helps.

If it fails after that, remove your Fs9.cfg and restart FS9 so it can rewrite a new one.

Thank you. I tried installing 9.1 and upon completion, it said there were errors. I tried uninstalling 9.1 but I couldn't find the install icon in the root folder and after a search as well. Every time I try to install 9.1, I'm prompted with a already inatalled notification. Now I am having problems locating the fs9.cfg. Could you tell me where it is and if I can't find it, let me know what to do?

Hello Todd,

Have you checked the Add and Remove programs to see if you can un-install fs9.1 from there.

The Fs9.cfg can be found in the following location *:Documents and Settings*Username*Application DataMicrosoftFS9

You'll need to have "Show hidden files and Folders" checked in the Folder Options of Windows explorer to see it.

As you were. I knew I shouldn't have spoken too freakin soon. I did everything that was instructed and still right back to the way it was. I hate tha fact the having this product dictates updating to 9.1. For god sakes, why?.. Why? Maybe this problem should have been fixed before it was released or at least offer some kind of patch. Why should I have to do all the freakin work AND pay for the product? I'm sick of fs9... It's out of control. Can't wait to start fresh with fsx. Thanks anyway for your help.

Hello Todd,

For the sake of progression, software sometimes requires the latest files to be installed hence why it requires FS9.1. Lots of software had to be updated also to work with FS9.1 and loads of updates were thrown out from around the Flight Sim world.

Is the scenery stable now or is it something else that is causing you issues!!

I'm just complaining outloud. Who knows what it is. I've tried re-installing 9.1 but it tells me it's already installed. I can't find the un-installer anywhere. Ensuring it is searching in hidden files, I've done numerous searches in everywhich way but loose, i.e., fs9.1 update, fs-9.1, fs-9.1 uninstaller, uninstaller, etc., etc........ Refreshing the fs9.cfg actually made everything else much better but I'm still having the same problems with Freight Dogs. Sometimes, it crashes right away. Others, I can pick up cargo and depart for the assigned drop point and when I get near the destination, approximately 20 nm, fs9 crashes. I'm not attempting to cheat either; that would be no fun anywhay. I have way too many add-ons and aircraft to just uninstall fs9 and start over. I just might have to suck it up and do without Freight Dogs for now because everything else is running just fine. I have a question for you. Is Freight Dogs going to be compatible with fsx? I hope so because I really like the missions and the scenery is outstanding.

Been reading your 'troubles' with Freight Dogs..... Shaun is right, 99% of the crashes were caused by customers NOT having upgraded their FS software to 9.1. The remaning 1% had some other irregularity on their PC's :wink: Unfortunately their are 20 gazillion ways a user may set up his/her PC and associated software, and invariably it will affect other things he'll load up on it.

I can only assure you that so far we do NOT know of ANY case of FSCargo (the full package) or Freight Dogs (cargo/scenery) that has not been solved yet. And yes, in quite a few cases customers DID indeed re-intall their FS (which had become corrupt for one reason or other), or even their Windows installation. Such is life, not much we can do about that I'm afraid. But we'll try and help you where we can.

Best place for FSCargo related issues is the dedicated FSAddon Forum though (we licensed the light versionof FSCargo to Aerosoft).

You will find our forums on the simFlight network http://forums.simflight.com/index.php?c=30

As for your FSX question: we intend to make an upgrade for FSX of the scenery that was included in Freight Dogs. There will most likely NOT be an upgrade of the cargo part, but we ARE working on a new FSCargo FSX (which will be quite different from the FS9 version). 'Upgrading' is simply not possible because we use internal FS functionality that is not supported or accessible in FSX.

Also, we are working (in beta test now) on an FS9 upgrade of FSCargo, which will add some functionality for FS9 users.

Best regards,

Francois