Violent, uncontollable banking of A320 1.21 at CRZ level

Rafel

Flying the latest A320 version (IAE), takeoff and climb are smooth and just like earlier versions. Cruise flying is initially fine, but after some time the plane starts banking violently, and uncontrollably, left and right while dropping thousands of feet. After a while it realigns itself with the programmed course for a short while, and then it starts banking erratically again all the way to a nearly inverted mode. At this point I have to shut FSX down as the plane loses all control.

I run FSX on a Win 7, 64-bit PC, with a 3GB graphics card. I had never had this problem before on any of the earlier Airbus versions. This is a first for me.

Will be grateful for any help provided in fixing this unusual problem.

Happens to me when the sim is loading scenery from Disk and the framerate drops in the process. Most times the erratic banking is moderate and the Autopilot is able to straighten out the Situation as soon as the framerate picks up again. The Trick is to disengage the Autopilot if the bank exceeds about 45 degrees. You dont even have to move the yoke, just keep it straight until the framerate recovers then reengage the Autopilot and everything will be fine. Hope this Bug will be removed though.

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Thanks for the prompt response. I will check out the Autopilot situation. However, as regards the frame rate, it is set at 20, and was working fine for the earlier Airbus versions. As to weather, I use ActiveSky Next. The problem occurs every time I run Airbus, no matter the weather. It does not occur with other planes, such as PMDG.

• Deputy Sheriffs

However, as regards the frame rate, it is set at 20,

That doesn't matter at all. Important is how much fps you really get.

also check these posts:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88374-framerate-issues-revisited-again/

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86844-change-weather-scanning-options-solved/

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to add that at CRZ level I get an fps of about 19.5, while at airport level, with airport addons, UTX/GEX, I get a much lower fps - about 9. But the problem never occurs at ground level and the sim runs pretty smooth even at this reduced rate. I tried a flight using Active Sky, but without activating the weather radar and the problem did not occur. I will do some more testing.

Regarding the suggested posts, for some reason my AB_ND_GDI file does not show any items below those related to the [Print] heading, even though I installed the latest Airbus version (1.2.1). So, I could not tweak the weather items.

Hi again. Changed the Background scan setting to "0" and the FPS improved a great deal, with no banking problem. It seems the ASN-induced weather within FSX overwhelms Airbus' weather radar under complex weather conditions.

Archived