CFM sound clicks on loop

LuisO

Hi, I didnt realize till now cause ive been using iphone headphones or the normal laptop speakers. Now with better headphones (but using a normal miniJack connector, no usb or other active components) ive realised that the new Buses with CFM engines and with TSS sounds make a subtle click sound every 5-7 seconds at idle, most probably when the sound loops from end back to the beginning. This happens at idle thrust, inside the cockpit.

I am running a fresh setup of FSX with acceleration. Win7 x64 Ultimate. Other addons dont cause these sound issues.

Got to say hat this is subtle, but for me is annoying. Has anyone realised about it?

Hi Mathijs, Ive just worked it out a bit more.

Looks like the sound issue happens ONL Y after changing from Bus to Bus.. e.g. If I fly the A321 and inmediately

after you decide switching over to the 318 or viceversa. Strangely enough, It didnt happen switching over from the 321 to

a 320...

It does not happen when u load the plane on first instance, either if u start with any of the 318 family or the 321´s

Thank you for your reply anyway.

Mopperle, thanks for sharing your opinion. However I dont believe that reloading the FS is the correct solution for the problem. It is a workaround.

You cant release a software saying "dont do this and that, cause it causes it not to work properly" If you discover when an issue happens or what triggers it, you, as developer, should give some efforts trying to determine if theres something in your process to avoid it from happening, specially

when other guys around -with more complex addons- dont have these issues.

If everything else fails after that, u can always use

(and I will accept) the last resort method of "reloading the FS"

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mopperle, thanks for sharing your opinion. However I dont believe that reloading the FS is the correct solution for the problem. It is a workaround.

You cant release a software saying "dont do this and that, cause it causes it not to work properly" If you discover when an issue happens or what triggers it, you, as developer, should give some efforts trying to determine if theres something in your process to avoid it from happening, specially

when other guys around -with more complex addons- dont have these issues.

If everything else fails after that, u can always use

(and I will accept) the last resort method of "reloading the FS"

Sorry, you missed the point: iy you load an a complex aircraft it intialises FSX in a way so that it runs perfect. I you load another complex aircraft, it does not know about changes made by the aircraft before. So restarting FSX is the only valid solution, icf you like it or not.

Archived