AES with FSX:SE

The only workaround is to download and install the ServicePacks. Both (SP1 and SP2) are available for free in the Internet. Google is your friend ;-).

Don't download the unofficial SP3!! The official ones SP1+2 are enough and will eliminate the most problems. And if you like to use other Addons you also will have to install the service packs. So there is no need of not doing it.

• Developer

FSX:SE is not supported by AES at the moment, because the Vistamare Modules needed to work for AES and other stuff is not yet compatible to FSX:SE

Even when the changes in the FSX:SE DLL's related to FSX/ACP or SP2 are minor, the offset has changed and so Vistamare needs to provide a new version special for FSX:SE.

We are in contact with Vistamare to check, what can be done here.

FSX:SE is not supported by AES at the moment, because the Vistamare Modules needed to work for AES and other stuff is not yet compatible to FSX:SE

Even when the changes in the FSX:SE DLL's related to FSX/ACP or SP2 are minor, the offset has changed and so Vistamare needs to provide a new version special for FSX:SE.

I wonder when it will come.

Oliver, can you confirm if AES will be FSX:steam compatible? The 5€ sale will finish in few hours and I dont want buy the steam version without AES.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oliver, can you confirm if AES will be FSX:steam compatible? The 5€ sale will finish in few hours and I dont want buy the steam version without AES.

Regards

Read post #3

Read post #3

Yep, he said "We are in contact with Vistamare to check, what can be done here."

I would like to know if he can do something. I know, the FSX:steam is only 5 EUR but Im not interested in a sim without AES and prefer donate the 5 EUR to Erez Werber or avsim.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What do you expect on a timeframe of 10 days across Christmas holidays. Lean back and wait. When something can ybe done easily it will be done.

Hi, I've heard and seen that in default FSX you add gate/jetway animation to quite a lot of 3rd party scenery, i am thining about purchasing 2 serial packs for fsdreamteam scenery (sceneries that have support). I am just wondering what the status is regarding FSX steam edition (which is the only version i use, due to a lot better stability on my system). I know you need a special Vistamare version (which you can't make) in order for fsx to work properly with AES. And guys should i buy GSX or AES. GSX is kinda on the exspensive side (50$)?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After just buying FSX:SE (I decided to let DTG iron out some of the bugs first), getting it installed with my sceneries, aircraft and seeing the framerate and VAS difference, I thought about buying AES. It would be nice to be able to add the gates etc. to my PMDG 777 without the dreaded OOM, only to find out that AES is the only addon that does not work with FSX:SE. All other developers have managed to make there addon's work, however probably the biggest FSX addon supplier seems stuck. Add to that, the only reply from the developers is dated 22nd December 2014.

We are now at the end of March 2014, you have had over 3 months to look into the problem, please update the paying customers. Even if you are not bothered about the new customers, think of the customers that have already paid you to use the product and now find that it is useless.

• Deputy Sheriffs

We are now at the end of March 2014, you have had over 3 months to look into the problem, please update the paying customers. Even if you are not bothered about the new customers, think of the customers that have already paid you to use the product and now find that it is useless.

You have paid for a product designed and compatibel with Microsoft Flightsimulator X. And it is compatibel with FSX and it still works with FSX.

If you decide to change the platform and move to FSX:SE , and yes this is another platform more and more deverging from FSX, like P3D, you simply can not expect AES being automatically compatibel with this new platform(s). There was never a promise that AES would be compatibel with upcoming new platforms, FSX:SE, P3D, X-plane ot whatever will come. Nor did you pay for it.

So your apporoach is simply not OK.

You have paid for a product designed and compatibel with Microsoft Flightsimulator X. And it is compatibel with FSX and it still works with FSX.

If you decide to change the platform and move to FSX:SE , and yes this is another platform more and more deverging from FSX, like P3D, you simply can not expect AES being automatically compatibel with this new platform(s). There was never a promise that AES would be compatibel with upcoming new platforms, FSX:SE, P3D, X-plane ot whatever will come. Nor did you pay for it.

So your apporoach is simply not OK.

Sorry Otto, but I think it is your approach which is not OK.

It is still the same platform/product. One is distributed by Microsoft on DVD's with the name of "FSX", the other distributed via Steam with the name of "FSX".

Same platform/product, just the way of distribution is different.

PMDG as an example, have realized this, and have so far rebuilt the installers of the T7 and the NGX, so they can be installed on both the DVD distributed and the Steam distributed FSX.

FSX-SE is still FSX. SE=distributed via Steam.

So if what you are saying is, that we can not expect AES to be made compatible with FSX distributed via Steam, my last credit pack for AES have been bought.

• Deputy Sheriffs

FSX-SE is still FSX

This is simply not true. Doveteail changed already a lot of things. Most problematic one for example is that simconnect is not installed with this "distribution", causing a lot of troubles.

FSX-SE is still FSX

This is simply not true. Doveteail changed already a lot of things. Most problematic one for example is that simconnect is not installed with this "distribution", causing a lot of troubles.

Oh YES it IS true.

Bought FSX via Steam last weekend. Have no problem with simconnect.

What they have changed so far is to improve stability which MS never did anything about. And it is still FSX. And sold as FSX on Steam.

OR as you can see,They're are working on it, so maybe best to see what happens before threatening not to buy anymore credits.

OR as you can see,They're are working on it, so maybe best to see what happens before threatening not to buy anymore credits.

That was why I reacted to Otto's post, as he is out of line with Oliver.

• Aerosoft

Sorry Otto, but I think it is your approach which is not OK.

It is still the same platform/product. One is distributed by Microsoft on DVD's with the name of "FSX", the other distributed via Steam with the name of "FSX".

Same platform/product, just the way of distribution is different.

PMDG as an example, have realized this, and have so far rebuilt the installers of the T7 and the NGX, so they can be installed on both the DVD distributed and the Steam distributed FSX.

FSX-SE is still FSX. SE=distributed via Steam.

So if what you are saying is, that we can not expect AES to be made compatible with FSX distributed via Steam, my last credit pack for AES have been bought.

It is NOT the same platform and many files have been changed. Memory allocation has been changed. Even file locations have been changed. If it was the same all add-ons would work without any problems right?

The issue we have with AES is that it is based on an old module doen by Vistamare that simply will not work at this moment under FSX:SE or P3D. The developer stopped developing it. We are trying to get hold of the files to see if we can fix it ourselves though. But until that is done it simply will not work and we have never said or sold AES as being FSX:SE compatible. Just as we never claimed it to work with X-Plane.

If you do not agree with that I am really sorry but there is not a lot we can do about it. We explained the facts as they are. As all is said about this I will close this topic now.

Archived