A319 Autopilot turning wrong direction (1.21)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Something went wrong with the sequencing of the WP's. BUDEX is still the TO WP iso VENEN. The AP is trying to get back to BUDEX. This sometimes happens (speed, weight, wind, waypoints "close" together dependable), just DIR TO the next WP and all is good.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Those constraints are not a problem. He is flying in ALT CRZ so the AP does not even take these in consideration.

I am also wondering, like you, what the heck he is doing at that level when he is about to fly a transition into LOWW. But that is a different story ;)

It might cause the issue in my opinion, actually I had this issue once when I felt asleep and missed T/D, when I got back I saw it flying around the last fix right before the transition arrival point, and I found it helpful doing that anyway.

I have seen exactly what the OP describes with this and previous releases of the 319 and 320. In addition, the aircraft can get into a mode where the track line oscillates between moving away from the aircraft and back toward it; this can badly confuse the a/p and cause commanded speed and/or track to be ignored. Direct to is not the solution when this sort of thing begins. If I can ever reproduce it on demand I will report it as a major bug, but so far I can't find the trigger.

DJ

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to set the record straight here. DJ is talking about a different thing. DIR TO will help in the situation described in the first post.

One problem one topic please.

Archived