Cat-Launch Difficulty

Neil G

Situ: Nimitz empty deck.

When in mini hud mode, and in tension.

KNEEL dissapears and reappears when up on the power. Launch trigger has no effect but its obvious that KNEEL is in the equation here.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another issue I have been fighting is that unless I load a pre installed Aerosoft mission, once weight off wheels, I have to disconnect the roll AUG otherwise I have no roll control and the stick wont respond in roll in the Virtual Cockpit.

Enterprise, Nimitz, KittyHawk. Saved and spawning carrier via TP

I am using acceleration.

Do you have any other version of Flightsim installed, ie Steam edition or Prepar3d?

Whoops, just saw your other posts.

It appears that people may be having issues with having both Accel and the Steam edition installed.

The only thing I have seen as a glitch would be the launch bar occasionally is stuck in the down position.

When you say stuck down, when is it occurring? After launch or just when cycling the kneel switch down and then to extend?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue using steam version 1.10 and tacpack.

I have the tomcat properly configured for launch (the ACHO isn't complaining at me) and am attached to the catapult, but when I hit the take off assist button either nothing happens, or the plane seems to stutter a bit, and then reattach itself to the catapult. The launch bar switch is stuck in the middle, and always resets itself from kneel when attached to the catapult.

This happens on all carriers I have installed (acceleration, nimitz, and kitty hawk). I'm able to catapult the stock acceleration hornet and the VRS hornet with no problems.

also my key binding for the water rudder in fsx has no effect on the position of the nose strut switch

Hi,

Same here for me as well. The cat doesn't work in FSX Steam. It does for the VRS FA18 or any other naval a/c without any issues.

On P3DV2.5, I have no issues at all.

Cheers,

Mat

Neil..... I also had an issue where the cat would not shoot. said something about zone 5 . what I had to do was this when on the cat all set to go throttle to full then back a little. hold shift and dubble tap f4 then space bar. don't know it worked for me.

after I went in and changed some of the settings to what they have in the manual it seemed to correct itself but created others.

I have been having the same problem as above. The aircraft kneels halfway then goes back up again and It will not launch from the cat. Additionally the default rudder-down command seems to have no effect on the in cockpit switch. I am running 1.10 in FSX-Steam with tacpack.

I got it to work - I was having the same problem with regard to being unable to launch the F-14. The aircraft would only kneel half-way then go back up again. In the Carrier Operations Manual it states [shift W] activates the Water Rudder however on my system which is a new install it is [CTRL W] so check that. Anyway, I have FSX Steam version installed only, no FSX or P3D. I also have the latest version TacPack installed which works in Steam. When I installed F14X I naturally opted for the Steam Version. I made sure that Simconnect was installed correctly etc which it was as it's required for other addons such as Ultimate Traffic 2. I noticed that if you install the Steam version of FSX, Aerosoft seems to assume that you have the non Steam version as well so it creates 'Fight Simulator X Steam Edition' folder in My Documents etc where the flights are stored/saved etc. If you don't have FSX installed, Steam just creates a 'Flight Simulator X Files' folder, the same as FSX. I found that I had to manually move the F14 flights into the 'Flight Simulator X Files' folder for them to show up in the game. I managed to cure all this, including having to manually add the aircraft carriers to the scenery library by completely uninstalling F14X and reinstalling using the FSX Gold/Acceleration option instead of the Steam option. Everything seems to work now as intended. Hope this helps somebody, it worked for me. Remember, I don't have FSX Acceleration/Gold installed, only Steam.

Terry

• 4 weeks later...

It is on the left vertical panel, left of the landing gear handle. Going off of memory here but it is labeled as Nose Strut so that may be the reason for the difficulty in finding it.

• 1 month later...

I ran multiple tests using all variants(current build) of the F-14 with Kitty Hawk/Nimitz and even British and French Carriers using both the preset AI flights for the Kitty Hawk and AICarriers for all utter classes for the past season. I had no failed Cat Strokes on all types of salt-water aircraft but the Tomcat!(XD)

When everytime I connect the catapult and push the mil-thrust;without exception,this Cat will be stuck on the deck and refuse to launch no matter how hard you hit the "SHIFT+SPACEBAR" even keyboard penetrate ! :o So far,I find the only way to get this Cat rid of the deck is to use "SHIFT+I" release it from catapult and light the AB as of ski-jump take off featured British Harrier and COBET Cy-33. (OTL)

Truely,it's a excellent module for anytime and I really love this one,it's must be something wrong with that! Such mistake should not be happen to such a great warplane and production like this,isn't it? :(

I ran multiple tests using all variants(current build) of the F-14 with Kitty Hawk/Nimitz and even British and French Carriers using both the preset AI flights for the Kitty Hawk and AICarriers for all utter classes for the past season. I had no failed Cat Strokes on all types of salt-water aircraft but the Tomcat!(XD)

When everytime I connect the catapult and push the mil-thrust;without exception,this Cat will be stuck on the deck and refuse to launch no matter how hard you hit the "SHIFT+SPACEBAR" even keyboard penetrate ! :o So far,I find the only way to get this Cat rid of the deck is to use "SHIFT+I" release it from catapult and light the AB as of ski-jump take off featured British Harrier and COBET Cy-33. (OTL)

Truely,it's a excellent module for anytime and I really love this one,it's must be something wrong with that! Such mistake should not be happen to such a great warplane and production like this,isn't it? :(

Hello KL0083

I've already had this kind of trouble, until i realized that my setup was wrong. I mean, I currently have Fsx Acceleration and my mistake was to install F-14X with SP2 option... So, my advise would be to check or re-install your TomCat

Regards

Fred A.

• 4 weeks later...

i have news .. after several test.. i uninstall the tomcat 1.10 and install the version 1.0 ..and the kneel works and can be launched off the carrier.. so.. the version 1.10 has something wrong .. on the kneel animation . i spoke with other friends and has same problem with version 1.10. 1.11 fix.

Same problem here:

- The previous Shift + Space key combo doesn't launch the aircraft anymore... using the Shift + I the catpult doesn't work; which causes the Tomcat to reach very low speeds and fall in the water.

- Tomcat version 1.10 seams to be the problem - as version 1.0 worked OK on both carriers;

- FSX Steam version only on my PC, with VRS TacPack;

- The catpults aren't working either on Acceleration or Kitty Hawk carriers.

- Also, the tail hook does need several activations to extend or retract.

I really would appreciate a solution to these problems, as it's very frustrating to deal with them so often.

Thank you.

Sorry for the simple questions, but just to clarify, this is just an FSX Steam problem right?

In either case, one of the things that can be an issue is that the .CAB files that hold the xml gaugesets can get corrupted if they are overwritten in a patch application (this is a Windows issue). So, one of the first things I would suggested is to completely uninstall the F-14. Root through the SimObjects directory, back-up any repaints you have, and then make sure all the "Aerosoft F-14...." directories are all deleted. Then, download the complete v1.10 installer and see if that helps.

Sorry for the simple questions, but just to clarify, this is just an FSX Steam problem right?

In either case, one of the things that can be an issue is that the .CAB files that hold the xml gaugesets can get corrupted if they are overwritten in a patch application (this is a Windows issue). So, one of the first things I would suggested is to completely uninstall the F-14. Root through the SimObjects directory, back-up any repaints you have, and then make sure all the "Aerosoft F-14...." directories are all deleted. Then, download the complete v1.10 installer and see if that helps.

Ok I will try that, and post here when I'll have results.

Thank you.

Well, it didn't work.

Uninstalled the F-14 v1.10 ; every Aerosoft directories I've found; the SimObjects directory and even other directories where some F-14X also files existed.

After reinstalling the problem still persisted - when the F-14 reaches the end of the carrier runway it's flying at 77 kts only... as you can see in pics below.

Can you provide a simple solution like the one months ago, about the missing SDK simconnect libraries or something ? :)

Thank you.

post-97388-0-94298700-1434057639_thumb.j

post-97388-0-34900400-1434057651_thumb.j

Okay, I did a clean install of FSX:Steam and v1.1 of the aircraft, and was able to duplicate the problem.

I *think* we know what the issue is, will post a hotfix as soon as the solution is confirmed.

Okay, I did a clean install of FSX:Steam and v1.1 of the aircraft, and was able to duplicate the problem.

I *think* we know what the issue is, will post a hotfix as soon as the solution is confirmed.

Always good to hear that!

I'll be checking here for news on th hotfix.

Thank you for your attenttion John.

Archived