Continous sound on cold and dark

Hello everyone

with the new update 1.21 I am always having some kind of sound, even when the cockpit is cold and dark and nothing's running. Does anyone have the same problems and maybe a solution for it? I realized that when I turn down the Engines volume in P3D sound settings, the sound is gone. But I guess this is not the right way to do it... :-)

can anyone help?

thanks

Michael

I'm having that in FSX too, but only when loading the default flight with a C172 and then switching over to the Airbus (which I set to default to Cold&Dark state).

It does not cancel when pressing "Q" either.

The cockpit will be quiet when doing a flight and then shutting down at the gate.

Restarting FSX between complex aircraft is highly recommended.

For me that's a gold rule, I do it almost always.

Sometimes after fly some hours long I also restart PC.

But restart FSX between long flights it's recommended, at least I do it.

Sometimes when I see some "bugs" then I restart FSX to make it clear, they're gone.

Not sure if this was worth its own new thread or not, but I noticed that the engines still sounded on in exterior views after I shut them down at the gate upon completion of a flight. This was despite shutting down the APU and disconnecting external power. FSX SP2 on windows 7 in an IAE A319.

OK I'll bite. Thanks Adrian, for the file name. What happens if we delete the file? What goes away besides the sound we want to go away? Would prefer not to have to turn the engine volume down to zero...may forget to turn it back up after starting engines.

Can the file be edited, or is it protected against tampering?

Thanks.

Hi, I just purchased A318-319-320-321 and I have the same problem (the noise is present even in cold and dark), but only with A320-A321 and CFM engines. With all the other models (A318-A319 all engines and A320-A321 IAE engine) I don't have the issue.

FSX with AP, Windows 7 64 bit.

I modified the file sound.cfg according to Mathijs suggestion, and this annoing sound disappeared.

I didn't tried to fly a complete flight, therefore I don't know if this change has an impact on other sounds. Just tried at parking.

Hi Andrea, what was the fix? I downloaded the file in this post. However, it only appeared to set the alias for the A318_A319 sound file.

Archived