ctd with UTE & Mega Airport Frankfurt

ceemosp2003

I am experiencing CTD's when flying INTO the Region of EDDF (both inflight and when/after landing). I can fly FROM EDDF without any problems.

I did a complete re-install of FS9, made sure I have NO empty texture folders, double afcad's or anything known to cause CTD's.

My memory can also be ruled out as a possible cause (as it's a. locally restricted and b. I tested the memory).

I have the following setup: Ultimate Terrain Europe, Germany1-4 & EDDW, GAP1-4, EDDF, Ultimate Traffic (All available patches installed).

I run Active Sky 6 and AISmooth via WideFS on a seperate machine.

Hardware: D830,m 1GB, GF6700XL

ANY help appreciated (as I am running out of ideas) :(

Greetz Carsten

Dooo....I KNEW I forgot something (or was it done automatically) LOL

Danke für den Tip Marco :)

Carsten

p.s.

I just checked: I have GAP1,3 & 4 (no GAP2) and the complete Germany set. What puzzles me is the fact that the crashes ONLY happen when flying TO eddf......

Still no solution found! I disabled UTE and crashed; the same happened when I disabled EDDF - so I'm completely stuck....only thing left right now are ultimate traffic and AS6. Once FS9 crashed when I switched to the GPS....if I could just remember what this points to :(

I have the idea that it could either be a hidden atc.dll crash or some kind of ......I don't know :(

Carsten

Hello Shaun

Apart from the sceneries I mentioned before I have no other ground textures installed (at least not to my knowledge).

I will do a complete new install and fly the same route over and over again when adding the sceneries one by one.

I hope to determine the cause of the crash this way.

I asssume that replacing the GAP afcads with Ultimate traffic versions can't be the cause for a crash as I have no doubles for any airport.

Carsten

EDIT

Really cool stuff....I tried to re-install EDDF and was reminded to send an e-mail to support as the product has already been four times registered.

I hope aerosoft comes back to me soon :(

Hello Carsten,

The instructions on how to reset the installers are in the General FAQs thread at the top of the forum, however this only applies to Simmarket customers now as new installers are made available to customers from the old Aerosoft Online shop. I have replied to your e-mail regarding this.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks for you assistance Shaun. It took me a lot of hours but I found the cause for the ctd's.

They had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the sceneries but two aircraft liveries were the reason for the trouble. I didn't have to load the aircraft with that particular texture to crash, just the plain existance in the folder and the aircraft.cfg were sufficient !

It seems that these textures (made by fs-repaint) provoke this behaviour. As I used these textures before WITHOUT any crashes this was puzzling me 'slightly'.

On their homepage it states that a newer Nvidia graphics driver (rel. June)crashes the program. That's about the time I installed new drivers, so I reverted to an older version and all is fine now.

I wonder HOW MANY ctd's are actually caused by Nvidia's driver ???

Greetz Carsten