A319 CFM 1.20b managed descent problems

bpcw001

Hi,

I completely deinstalled the Airbus versions prior to 1.20 and reinstalled 1.20 from scratch, first A320/321, then A318/319, then applied the 1.20b hotfix. Great stuff, especially with the new soundset!

But, guys, did you do anything to the managed descent calculations? Prior to 1.20, the managed descent was pretty decent, smooth and worked quite well.

Now, I get stange descent profiles between waypoints once a managed descent is started, like e. g. a pretty shallow descent from one fix to another, then the system realizes it must descend quicker and shoots down with -4000fpm, only to realize at the next fix that a -2000fpm descent will do, etc ...

I fly with ASN SP1B and lately there have been quite high cruise winds here in Germany (like >90kts head/tailwind depending on the route). Maybe that throws it off?

Still, I remember flying in such conditions before 1.20 and I've never seen such badly calculated managed descents.

Any comments on that? Should I reinstall?

Winds WILL affect your descends, and managed descends always assume 0 winds. (and before anyone ask: No there will be no Winds Aloft FMGS page for the A32X series).

I do understand this. I was just wondering if there were any changes to the managed descent logic.

Meanwhile, with lower winds, the issue appears to have itself sorted out.

Archived