Some thoughts (problems?) with new TSS sound set on 1.20

S_D

HI!

First of all, I really like the new sound set, particularly in the air and during spool up. Very cool.

However, having just completed a short hop I noticed 3 issues, all noted with an A319-IAE:

1) The APU in external view 'loops' during start-up (like the engines did previously I think). Easy enough to test and I reconfirmed it at my destination. I think maybe the timings are a little out between the Aircraft's APU startup and the length of the sound?

2) The braking noise is a little... harsh? It's the same at 10mph and the brake test pre-flight as it is on touchdown at 150mph, with no graduation in level. I'm not a pilot, but is it like that in R/L?

3) Finally unlike before 1.20 I experienced no 'spool down' when the engines were switched off at my destination. The engine noise simply cut out abruptly when they were turned off. Again, only flew a short hop with the A319-IAE so can't confirm whether it happens with other engines/planes but it's what I noticed.

Anyway, just thought I'd share :)

Thanks!

Simon

Hi,

the braking seems to be recorded at higher Speed. It is way too "harsh" at lower Speed, sounds more like honking a horn.

A soundset sure is a thing of taste and personal preferences,

That said, I liked the old soundset better. I feel that there is too much "external jet-whine" at cruise speed in the cockpit and the wind cuts off too much at lower speeds.

Rgds

Tom

Hi,

seems I need to apologize for hijacking S_D's topic:

Regardless of taste and preferences the brake sound seems a no-go, and loops and IAE-spooldown sound (although not tested by me) would also need to be considered as bugs.

So I suggest to stop the beginning like/dislike discussion and focus on the mentionend issues.

Rgds

Tom

HI!

First of all, I really like the new sound set, particularly in the air and during spool up. Very cool.

However, having just completed a short hop I noticed 3 issues, all noted with an A319-IAE:

1) The APU in external view 'loops' during start-up (like the engines did previously I think). Easy enough to test and I reconfirmed it at my destination. I think maybe the timings are a little out between the Aircraft's APU startup and the length of the sound?

2) The braking noise is a little... harsh? It's the same at 10mph and the brake test pre-flight as it is on touchdown at 150mph, with no graduation in level. I'm not a pilot, but is it like that in R/L?

3) Finally unlike before 1.20 I experienced no 'spool down' when the engines were switched off at my destination. The engine noise simply cut out abruptly when they were turned off. Again, only flew a short hop with the A319-IAE so can't confirm whether it happens with other engines/planes but it's what I noticed.

Anyway, just thought I'd share :)

Thanks!

Simon

According to your first point in IAE version ther is still loop problem when you start engines with 1.20 version

Yes there is still a loop problem at start up. I mean I see what they did. They basically put the initial engine start crank silent. Then when the engine combust you hear it come to life. Having said that you have to really be looking for it to hear it. When it comes to the brake I am not happy with it.I might even erase the sound file cause its way to much.

I went and downloaded the sky high sim iae v2500 sounds and love them. I'll probably keep these forever. Much more realistic in my humble opinion. The only mod I did was add the fuel pump line with the blank.wav file from the old to the new so don't hear the default fuelpump sound. But its fantastic now.

Anyone else noticed the popping crackling sound every four seconds on idle CFM engines right hand speaker.....

I know my sound card and all speakers are fine...never an issue with the old sound set.....any chance AS can get TSS to rectify it please.

If not will there be any way we could use the original sound set form AS with this SP2....so mis the low rumble on start up...

Thank you

I agree with all the points raised here. I came to the forum to specifically report the really harsh braking sound which sounds quite bad when taxing.

Other than that, thank you Aerosoft for these great updates :)

I went and downloaded the sky high sim iae v2500 sounds and love them. I'll probably keep these forever. Much more realistic in my humble opinion. The only mod I did was add the fuel pump line with the blank.wav file from the old to the new so don't hear the default fuelpump sound. But its fantastic now.

Hello asegm08,

good Idea, because I am also not very happy with the new Sounds :mecry_s:

Downloaded the Files, but would you be so kind to tell, how you got the Sound in the Airbus? There are many "Sound" Folders and I am not sure, which one I should replace with the new one.

Thank´s a lot from me and my Ears

:excellenttext_s:

Anyone else noticed the popping crackling sound every four seconds on idle CFM engines right hand speaker.....

I know my sound card and all speakers are fine...never an issue with the old sound set.....any chance AS can get TSS to rectify it please.

If not will there be any way we could use the original sound set form AS with this SP2....so mis the low rumble on start up...

Thank you

This crackled sound is reported and will be checked!

Archived