Videos for the Step-by-Step Guide

There are a series of videos now available on YouTube that cover the entire step-by-step flight that comes with the Aerosoft Airbus:

Flight Prep & Planning : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILbPLri_8KQ

Take-off & SID : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDehi7Smd4k

The Cruise : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otxMvHhY360

STAR, Approach & Landing : http://youtu.be/B0qk2tv7B5o

Every step covered - all by the book.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant stuff.

Contact us on support@aerosoft.com so we can give you some free stuff!

That's very kind Mathijs, thank you.

And thanks for the comment you left on YouTube for the first video. Maybe I should have called my dog PTU? :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

H Cobolman,

Do you have the Route in an .flp file please?

I'm wanting to do this flight watching your videos at the same time :)

All part of the Airbus package. I strongly suggest to read the documentation. ;)

Thank you Cobolman excellent video's,

Could I kindly ask how you are able to set things without the mouse cursor showing? are you using keyboard commands.

With Thanks

Thanks for your kind words.

As you discovered later, I was still using the mouse. It was the video rendering software that let me down. Sorry it wasn't anything more exciting :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Brilliant videos, but is there any possibility of a vid on an NPA approach explaining the BIRD. Many thanks.

Have a look at:

Even that it is made for the A320 it covers all features of the A319 and is based on the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide

Hi All

I just added a new video, The Beginners Guide to Flight Planning with SIDs and STARs. This video constructs a flight plan from London Gatwick to Manchester, showing all the steps. This flight plan is then used in another video called 'Aerosoft Airbus : Your First Custom Flight' which is due for release tomorrow. As always, all comments are welcome

Brilliant videos, but is there any possibility of a vid on an NPA approach explaining the BIRD. Many thanks.

Hi Col

It's on the list but won't be available for a little while yet. I'm delighted to see that Hanse has pointed you to another video that should suit your needs (and which I'm now also about to watch)

Hi Mr Cobolman. Thanks for the reply. I have watched the episode that Hanse kindly pointed out. I think that the problem is that there is no commentary or explanation. We are trying to follow the procedure, without understanding what that aircraft systems are doing. There must be many features built in to these aircraft that many simmers are not aware of. Many thanks for the videos so far. Looking forward to more. Regards.

Hi Mr Cobolman. Thanks for the reply. I have watched the episode that Hanse kindly pointed out. I think that the problem is that there is no commentary or explanation. We are trying to follow the procedure, without understanding what that aircraft systems are doing. There must be many features built in to these aircraft that many simmers are not aware of. Many thanks for the videos so far. Looking forward to more. Regards.

Hi ColH

I watched the video, too. I agree that commentary often helps. I completely understand why some tubers don't do it though. You need to be comfortable speaking and it requires quite a bit of post-edit and/or production to get right.

Just off to create my next video... Stay tuned (as they used to say in the 'old days' when you had to tune in to a frequency to watch terrestrial tv) :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

The video is based on the Vol6 StepbyStep NPA Tutorial and strictly follows what is stated there e. g. it is an additional way to understand things. It was never the idea to explain everything in the video itself e. g. that you do not need to read things.

Hi Cobolman,

Another excellent Video thank you.

Could I kindly ask how you find out the authorised correct route.?

You mention in the example that from BIG it is only to LHR or Northolt, yet it is included in the RFinder route I am just starting to look at all the plans I have created from RFinder and starting to doubt the waypoints it uses fro departure. For example Going to EGPF it routes me via BIG...which is wrong then on up to Hemel...etc.

Like everyone else I am looking or accurate Flight plans...hard to find though..

Once again appreciate the time your taking with these Videos for the community

Many thanks

Hi Cobolman,

Another excellent Video thank you.

Could I kindly ask how you find out the authorised correct route.?

You mention in the example that from BIG it is only to LHR or Northolt, yet it is included in the RFinder route I am just starting to look at all the plans I have created from RFinder and starting to doubt the waypoints it uses fro departure. For example Going to EGPF it routes me via BIG...which is wrong then on up to Hemel...etc.

Like everyone else I am looking or accurate Flight plans...hard to find though..

Once again appreciate the time your taking with these Videos for the community

Many thanks

Hi fanblade

Thanks for your kind words.

The best way I have found of finding an accurate route is to use the Real World Flightplan Database at edi-gla.co.uk. Then, it's a case of matching those routes with the right SIDs and STARs and reading the notes on those procedures. That's how I discovered that the BIG route was intended for aircraft landing at Heathrow or Northolt only (it was in the notes on the SID)

This approach isn't fallible though. I found one real world route flown by Easy Jet from EGKK to EGCC that went via BIG instead of LAM. I guess this may have been one time when the controller over-ruled Gatwick's own published procedures.

Hope that helps.

Archived