Swapping Engine Ratings for CFM

Joshua Che.

The current CFM engines has a thrust rating as follows:

A318: 24K
A319 and A320: 27K
A321: 33K

You can however, swap the files by renaming them to change thrust rating. This will effectively revoke any support for Engines and FDE related things.

In your folder : FSMainDirectory\aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319\PerfDat, you can swap the file name of CFM565B7 with CFM565B5 or duplicate the files and use the names respectively.

As always, backup if necessary.

Hey Joshua just a quick question out of intrest. Here you say the A318 has 24K but the CFM 56-5B5 it uses offically is a 22K engine. Did you mean 22K? BTW congrats on the CFM engine models which all perform flawlessly since the new update!

Hi Joshua,

sorry can I confirm, I have saved the original DAT files safely, I have renamed the B7 as B5 but windows wants me to rename the other original B5 as CFM565B5 (2).DAT

Is this correct? will everything still function ok.

With Thanks

• Aerosoft

No you swap them by given each one the name of the other one.

But we really recommend ONLY doing this is you know what you are doing. In other posts it seems you are not 100% sure about thrust ratings and this will only make things a lot more confusing. And of course support is only on the standard configurations.

Thanks Mathijs,

Fully understand and take on board the comments re Thrust. It just seems and in real life these baby Buses are way overpowered....I will try the swap and will see what happens...if not much difference I will revert...of course kept the originals in a safe place!

Thanks for your support and the team...have a great Xmas!!

Archived