Repaints

FERG

HI

Anyone come across any Tomcat repaints as yet?

Particularly interested in a Line 'standard' VF-41 jet just before they switched to the West Coast and the Super Hornet.

Thanks

Ferg

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can somebody tell me where to put the repaint folder (I guess in simobjects airplanes F14 folder, BUT do I have to split them up like A model B model or whatever I´m a bit confused I don´t want to mess up anything??Or just putting the whole folder into F14 folder and thats it? Any advise would be appreciated

thanks!!

What ever version the repainter made the scheme for should be in the read me file. Take the texture folder and put it in the version that was specified ie. Simobjects/Airplanes/ "Aerosoft F-14A Post 1986" or what ever one it is.

Take the aircraft config info from the read me and paste it into the aircraft config for that version Post 1986 or what ever one it is.

Which model and panel? No aircraft.cfg entry included, so it would help to know.

Thanks

--WH

The last shots is from ''Aerosoft F14A Post86''

Panel is your choice, I'm just a painter and do not understand the technical details of military aviation :-)

block 110

[fltsim.7]
title=F14 A Tomcat VF-101 162591
sim=Aerosoft F-14A
model=110
panel=110
sound=
texture=VF101-162591
kb_checklists=
atc_id=GUNFIGHTER
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=260
ui_manufacturer="Grumman"
ui_type="F-14A Block 110"
ui_variation="VF-101 162591"
ui_typerole = "Naval"
ui_createdby = "Aerosoft"

Be sure to rename the file to-- texture.VF101-162591

This is what I came up with anyway.

Thanks Hanimichal

Hello Michal,

would You mind doing a Jolly Rogers texture for the Block 90 A model in this 70s- early 80s paint-scheme: http://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-14-006-A2.jpg ?

The Tomcat definitely deserves this paint since this squadron is one of the most known having flown Tomcats. The film "The final countdown" is starring these VF-84 Tomcats.

Really nice paint-work by the way. ;)

Kind regards

Hello Michal,

would You mind doing a Jolly Rogers texture for the Block 90 A model in this 70s- early 80s paint-scheme: http://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-14-006-A2.jpg ?

The Tomcat definitely deserves this paint since this squadron is one of the most known having flown Tomcats. The film "The final countdown" is starring these VF-84 Tomcats.

Really nice paint-work by the way. ;)

Kind regards

VF-84 does already exist... Look @ facebook Groom Lake Simulations...

Archived