**Throttle Calibration in FS-UIPC**

jcagle

There have been a handful of issues that look like they may be related to be related to the throttle calibration. So here is a guide for all those using the PAID version of FSUIPC for throttle management.

0) Once assigned, go to the "Joystick Calibration" tab, and then go to page 1 of 11 for a single axis throttle or 3 of 11 for a multi-axis throttle

1) The GREEN box in Figure 1 is the output to the simulator. At IDLE it should read 0 and a MAX it should read 16384.

2) To test, you should cycle your throttle from IDLE to MAX 3-5 times and make sure that these values are reached every time. If not, then you probably need to re-calibrate the hardware axis

3) To re-calibrate, pull your throttle to idle, then move it forward 1/4" - 1/2" (6-12mm) until you see value in the RED box (Figure 2) increase by 200-300 points. Press SET so the values in the RED and BLUE box match.

4) Push the throttle to MAX, and then retract by 1/4" - 1/2" (6-12mm) until you see value in the RED box (Figure 3) decrease by 200-300 points. Press SET so the values in the RED and BROWN box

5) Cycle the throttle between IDLE and MAX 3-5 times. Check the GREEN box in Figure 1 and make sure that every time you pull the throttle IDLE = 0 and MAX = 16384

TC_01.png

TC_02.png

TC_03.png

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek combat rudder and have never used FSUIPC, I've always used Target GUI. Do I have to use FSUIPC or is there another list of keyboard key assignments for weapons, etc.? Thanks in advance for your reply.

• Aerosoft

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek combat rudder and have never used FSUIPC, I've always used Target GUI. Do I have to use FSUIPC or is there another list of keyboard key assignments for weapons, etc.? Thanks in advance for your reply.

If you are serious about sims and have tacpack you should consider FSUIPC, otherwise please do not.

Seeing as I spent the money on the Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Combat rudder, TacPack and your product, I'd say I'm pretty serious about flight sims. I've been flying computer flight sims since Fleet Defender ws released in the mid-1990's, unfortunately I'm not very computer savy and FSUIPC looks a tad intimidating. But, I'll give it a shot sir!

Seeing as I spent the money on the Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Combat rudder, TacPack and your product, I'd say I'm pretty serious about flight sims. I've been flying computer flight sims since Fleet Defender ws released in the mid-1990's, unfortunately I'm not very computer savy and FSUIPC looks a tad intimidating. But, I'll give it a shot sir!

navyao,

Fleet Defender will always be one of my favorites! FSUIPC may look intimidating but once you install it and see how easy it is to use, you'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

Quick noob question.

When I disable the joystick in FSX in order to use the sticks and key assignments in FSUIPC for the Tomcat, I'm assuming that I need to re-check the box to use the sticks for any other bird that I fly, until I calibrate the "Common Key settings" (lights etc) in FSUIPC for all aircraft.

Is that a true statement?

• 2 weeks later...

I have two throttles set and I use registered FSUIPC to set my throttles (which I have used for years) and set them according to your instructions above, yet my throttles in the F14 are stuck on idle. I checked all of my axis to be sure there was not duplicate axis set to throttles and I made sure that FS control axis are disabled, yet my throttles are still stuck at idle.

They will move when I move my throttles, yet they bounce back to idle like they are held by rubber bands.

I would appreciate your help. I can't use the sim at all like this.

Thank you,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived