A-10 Questions

Gregory Paul

I have just purchased the A-10. downloaded it today Sept 28 2006. Are there any updates to it? I did not see any on your support page just the paint kit.

Also is there any fix for the shine on her? (I have yet to see an real A-10 have that much shine on it)

Also is there a better flight model?

I found some better sounds for her also.

Hello Gregory Paul,

The version you have should be the latest and therefore no updates are required. What seems to be the issue you are having with the flight model, This plane is very manoverable and requires trimming.

There was a dull model optional extra that we did have, I'll check to see if its still available or can be made available.

I just thought the flight model was not smooth when you are pulling a few g’s. It’s not really a big deal I can play with it and fix it myself I would guess most people don’t have a problem with it. But if we could fix that ugly shine that would be great.

Where are the dull textures located??

I keep going to the support section and get taken to some kind of database that asks me to register the product. When I loggin, there is nothing for the A-10. Can someone poiint me in the right direction??

Thanks

--WH

• Aerosoft
Where are the dull textures located??

I keep going to the support section and get taken to some kind of database that asks me to register the product. When I loggin, there is nothing for the A-10. Can someone poiint me in the right direction??

Thanks

--WH

First, they are not texture, but MDL (model) files, the reflective settinsg are in those files. Here is a small instruction on how to access you updates and addins:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8412

• 4 months later...

I have a quick question about the A-10.

I set my FPS to unlimited. Is this best?

Based on a thread I found on the web for increasing frame per second, I changed a couple of values in the FS9.cfg.

My A-10 flies pretty smoothly, but when I'm in flyby view, it jerks/stutters/stops abruptly as it goes right by the camera, then it resumes smooth normal flight.

I don't remember if it did that when I was locked at 25 fps.

Any tips?

Other tips for increasing fps, which aren't bad. I'm averaging 18-23 fps under normal conditions.

~ Darrin

Hello Darrin,

Some people would kill for 18-23 fps but its what you feel is okay for you.

You can do a search on Google and see if there are any tips available but the odd stutter wont hurt its when its like that all the time.

If you focus on getting max fps then its going to detract from the game, you can fiddle with the settings and set it up to what you feel is good for you. But honestly if its running smooth most of the time I would'nt go chasing the ultimate FPS.

Thanks, Shaun!

And you're right, 18-23 fps are very good! From what I've read, the human eye can't really detect differences above 20 fps anyway.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the most from my hardware set-up, as I'm looking to add some traffic and other things, and I don't want to get bogged down unmercifully. :wink:

I changed back to my old setting, by locking the fps at 25 instead of unlimited.

I currently have 512 RAM, so I know I need to move up to 1024, which is an easy, inexpensive upgrade.

My A-10 flies very well, but sometimes it can be jerky - but I know it's my computer's settings. I need to find the sweet spot.

I also need to adjust my trim settings, because they are too abrupt when flying the A-10. I assume it's fairly easy to adjust trim in the A-10's .cfg?

I'm really loving the Warthog! It's one of my favorite add-ons! :)

~ Darrin

• Aerosoft
Hello Darrin,

The A-10 is a constant trimmer, but yes she is highly manouverable, but you should be able toget a decent trim using the joystick trim switches if you have them assigned.

Indeed... The A10 is designed to be flow slow and low, very unlike a fast fighter and in fact remarkably like a light aircraft.

Oh, great guys! I appreciate your feedback.

So, I don't need to adjust any trim settings in the .cfg?

I do have the trim settings assigned to two buttons on my joystick, so I don't have to take my hands off to trim.

I have another payware aircraft (not one of yours :wink:) that a lot of people have talked about needing adjustments to its trim. It's very sensitive. I thought I remembered someone saying you could adjust the sensitivity in the aircraft.cfg.

Hmm.

One thing always worth remembering is that if the "repeat" slider for the joystick button is set to full, it can (in fact usually is) far too fast and hard to smoothly trim out. Setting it to about half, for both trim up and trim down, is far more plausible.

Ian P.

• Aerosoft
Oh, great guys! I appreciate your feedback.

So, I don't need to adjust any trim settings in the .cfg?

I do have the trim settings assigned to two buttons on my joystick, so I don't have to take my hands off to trim.

I have another payware aircraft (not one of yours :wink:) that a lot of people have talked about needing adjustments to its trim. It's very sensitive. I thought I remembered someone saying you could adjust the sensitivity in the aircraft.cfg.

Hmm.

Look for these lines:

[flight_tuning]

elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

Try 0.8 for starters.

• 2 weeks later...