FLOLS Problem

ESzczesniak

It seems that when I see the FLOLS, the meatball is always red and the waveoff lights are always lit. Before the jokes about my piloting ability start (i.e., that's how it should look right before a ramp strike), I've attached a picture below. As you can see, I'm on AOA, glideslope and path (although I'm catching up on energy). At first I thought it wasn't working at all and all lamps were lit, but then I realised the meatball does actually move, it's just always red. Anyone else seeing this behavior and any fixes?

2_zps80862f59.png

I think this is some strange animation bug. The logic is very simple, just one line of code and the ball should never be red in the center, but it happens somehow. I noticed this happens very rarely, so it's hard to replicate. I would call this FSX animation weirdness. I am sure restarting the mission or just reloading the aircraft should fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've noticed now that this issue consistently happens when loading a new aircraft from any of the saved flights. The FLOLS gauge works fine if I load a saved flight, get up and fly. However, I like the B model repaints more and had been loading those aircraft after the flight loaded. I stopped doing that when this issue was arising, but started to go back and try that as I've been getting more used to the Tomcat and am finding this is a consistent way of triggering this. Don't know if there is any solution, but I at least figured out what I was doing to trigger it.

Archived