No wheel steering after landing

Kasatka

Sometimes it happens, sometimes not, and I've no idea what's wrong and what to do in the middle of the runway (or on the deck) without steering/rudder. :mecry_s::help_s: (Slew doesn't work mostly online.)

I'm guessing you're pressing the NWS steering button (Tailwheel Lock) [shift+G] ?

If so, NWS is inhibited if your hook is down or if (for some reason) you've crouched. You can also usually press "ready to taxi" even after you've landed and that will configure the aircraft with NWS on.

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I think I didn't pressed the tailwheel lock, but I'll check my keyboard settings. Thank you very much - your Cat is amazing! Perfect work! :clap_s:

I may be misunderstanding the question but just in case, after landing you always have to reselect the nose wheel steering even though you had it on prior to takeoff.

Otherwise if you had some rudder on during touchdown you would veer off the runway when the nose wheel lowers

Archived