Battery switch doesn't illuminate after select from cold and dark

JustanotherPilot

Cold and Dark selected from right MCDU, A320 powers down all electrical power OFF. When I select BATTERY from overhead the switch doesn't illuminate nor any other indicator lights and the aircraft only partially powers up, the autopilot selections on the main panel are red instead of green. Why isn't the aircraft powering up normally under battery power?

aibusbattery_zps33b7a49d.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

There must be something wrong on your side. And as the Airbus follows the "dark cockpit concept" there is no light when pressing the battery switch.

You must press both battery switches (no light as Otto noted) and then either the external power switch (if illuminated) or fire up the APU and use the APU generator.

DJ

• Aerosoft

Mathijis,

I did the reboot after install, indeed, I have flown the aircraft several times. Do I do an uninstall then reinstall or is there a solution?

I do not think a re-install will do any good as the files are checked in the installation. Your issue has so far not been reported by any other user so we have to start checking from the bottom up. Clearly it is an issue on your machine and not in the code (otherwise many thousands of people would have the same issue).

- Are you 100% sure you FSx is up to date?

- You got any tweaks or non standard files?

- Your runtime files are all okay?

- You are not using Win XP?

- Did you install with Admin rights?

- Are you running FSX with admin rights?

- Did you install without a virus scanner running as advised?

I do not think a re-install will do any good as the files are checked in the installation. Your issue has so far not been reported by any other user so we have to start checking from the bottom up. Clearly it is an issue on your machine and not in the code (otherwise many thousands of people would have the same issue).

- Are you 100% sure you FSx is up to date?

- You got any tweaks or non standard files?

- Your runtime files are all okay?

- You are not using Win XP?

- Did you install with Admin rights?

- Are you running FSX with admin rights?

- Did you install without a virus scanner running as advised?

FSX upto date SP2

No tweaks

runtime up to date

Win 7 64bit prof

Yes to admin rights

fsx yes to Admin

Kaspersky off during install and A320 exempt from scan.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you ever work exactly through the step-by-step guide?

How do you start your FSX?

Do you use a default flight situation and how is this one configured?

Did you ever work exactly through the step-by-step guide?

How do you start your FSX?

Do you use a default flight situation and how is this one configured?

Yes,

I have owned the Airbus Extended and Airbus X Extended, I have been using them for a number of years, the new Airbus though is causing me no end of trouble with the installation and using, I asked this because if I select cold and dark, when I power up the batteries next time, none of the switch lights illuminate (Already posted re this). The configurator for the A319 doesn't work, the A320 fuel load and cargo configurator didn't install, I have to go to another computer which has the Airbus X extended installed and use it for fuel/cargo. I have installed the A320 3 times with antivirus disabled, admin right, FSX admin rights, read the instructional flight...done everything asked of me. Generally speaking I'm close to uninstalling the A320 and A319 and going back to the X extended, I can live without the weather radar and other added features, which are of no use if I can't get the A320 working properly.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Yes,

I have owned the Airbus Extended and Airbus X Extended, I have been using them for a number of years, the new Airbus though is causing me no end of trouble with the installation and using, I asked this because if I select cold and dark, when I power up the batteries next time, none of the switch lights illuminate (Already posted re this). The configurator for the A319 doesn't work, the A320 fuel load and cargo configurator didn't install, I have to go to another computer which has the Airbus X extended installed and use it for fuel/cargo. I have installed the A320 3 times with antivirus disabled, admin right, FSX admin rights, read the instructional flight...done everything asked of me. Generally speaking I'm close to uninstalling the A320 and A319 and going back to the X extended, I can live without the weather radar and other added features, which are of no use if I can't get the A320 working properly.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

The red words/lights indicate textures are not installed properly. Either you wrongly installed a livery or your initial installation is corrupted. As suggest before,: Uninstall Airbus Extended and this Airbus, Reboot, Install this Airbus again, reboot, and try again.

The red words/lights indicate textures are not installed properly. Either you wrongly installed a livery or your initial installation is corrupted. As suggest before,: Uninstall Airbus Extended and this Airbus, Reboot, Install this Airbus again, reboot, and try again.

As previously stated "I have installed the A320 3 times with antivirus disabled, admin right, FSX admin rights, read the instructional flight...done everything asked of me"

As previously stated "I have installed the A320 3 times with antivirus disabled, admin right, FSX admin rights, read the instructional flight...done everything asked of me"

Ok then check

1. That ALL default liveries in the package has the same problem.

2. Graphics card drivers are up to date - grab then from Nvida or ATI.

3. Screenshot your SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

Archived