Cold/dark start

Xenomorph

Gents, it might be post to post these sorts of questions in the support forum. Namely because I only caught this post since it was most recent:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/686-f-14-x/

With that said:

Xenomoprh: I can check the code when I get back, but I believe the only criteria is that you follow the ordering of the cycle: (e.g. RIGHT->OFF->LEFT->OFF won't work). What happens when you try click on the checklist, does it autocomplete or get stuck? Do you have any physical hardware switches assign to engine start?

Fulcrum: External power is applied automatically whenever you're on the ground with the parking brake set and no other electrical source is available (e.g. generators off).

No it doesnt. I had to change to default cessna start engine then go back to the F-14. I must be doing something wrong but I can figure it out. When I start the right engine I can hear it turn over then it gets to a certain point then cuts out.

Did you take the throttle out of the cut off position and into the idle position? Otherwise no fuel will flow to the engines.

You are also unable to load the aircraft with running engines?

Did you take the throttle out of the cut off position and into the idle position? Otherwise no fuel will flow to the engines.

You are also unable to load the aircraft with running engines?

Yep done that. Put throttle to idle postion and no I cant load with engines running. I have to load default cessna start engine then switch to the F-14. Will have another go tonight.

If you can, try reverting to the stock flight and see if that helps.

Also, if you can upload the flight here, then I can take a look and my end and see if I can duplicate the problem.

don't make a custom flight with the F-14, take a different aircraft as custom aircraft, like the ultralight or any FSX aircraft.

try the following,

Restart FSX with a different custom aircraft.

go to free flight and select a different "location", like San clement island NAS,

select an aircraft, the F-14A or B and then "fly now"

when the airplane is loaded ,unselect Cold and Dark and wait a minute.

do you now have an running F-14?

Again, are you sure there is fuel in the correct tanks? That is the most obvious cause of what you see.

Yes 100% I have just noticed that when im in a cold/dark state every 5 seconds the fuel load jumps from 15,979 to 19,000 then goes back to 15,979 then keeps repeating like its stuck in a loop and also I am now getting the canopy keeps opening and closing for no reason. :-(

• Aerosoft

Im very disapointed, Ive been waiting ages for this and now its here I cant even get it off the ground. Ive had it more than 24hrs and havent even flown it yet. gutted!

I can understand that. However there is not a single other customer that has the same issues as you face, so we are not trying to find an issue in our code but in your system. That is always highly complex and often simply does not give an results until a full new install of the sim and the add-on is done.

Not sure if it's related to Xenomorph's problem, but he mentioned the canopy opening and closing repeatedly.

I had this yesterday. I had clicked the "cold and dark" checkbox on the payload page. The check-mark appeared & the aircraft went into C&D state as expected.

Then I clicked the "Ready to taxi" checkbox. Both boxes were now checked and the aircraft went into the canopy open / close cycle and the engines tried to start, then shut down and repeated.

Clicking the "cold and dark" checkbox again to un-tick it broke the cycle and the aircraft started OK.

can you give some details about your FSX setup? Like version, tweaks, addons, windows version?

I one's had the canopy issue ,but just rebooted and than is was fine. So i think it has something to do with FSX and your system? Not for sure but highly likely.

Archived