How to start on the deck

YoYo

Btw. the best way - to do whole check list, it isnt very long.
Just some of practice and will be fine.

If You like to start always on the carrier deck on Your favorite place:

1/ take a free flight with F-14
2/ use a carrier list from TacPack Menu (if You have) - 2, next 0, next 3 (take the USS Kittyhawk), create it before You (remember about the water ;) )
3/ land on the deck and stop the carrier, turn off all systems and engines of Tomcat or push C&D.
4/ Take P key (pause) and save a flight and close FSX
5/ go to Your saved flights (C:\Users\user\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files...). Take this save file. Locate the line SimOnGround=True and change to SimOnGround=False. After saving the flight it should now load in FSX with the aircraft on the flight deck
6/ now You can take every time Your save flight with F-14. Model will be saved as C&D in the air, You will have Pause - take TacPack menu and create USS Kittyhawk in Your place: You will be on the deck. If You want use "Y" key to change a posiotion of aircraft on the deck of carrier.

You will start from the deck . You can move the carrier too.

b38e5dd86983584e.jpg

Enjoy!

btw. for examle I created some of this place with saved files for carrier - from real scenarios - near Iraq, near Lybia, near US border, ect.

Hi im having a little trouble launching from the deck. I am enabling launch bar. i.e crouching with water rudder up/down commands, but the F-14 doesn't stay crouched. So I have gone straight to operating Shift-I when in position. This seems to activate the catapult and the ramp comes up, but then when I try and activate the launch trigger Shift (spacebar) nothing happens and I cant launch. I tried a different aircraft the VRS Superbug and she launches. Does anybody have an answer for me? :help_s:

Ok I have tried from a different cat still no success. It have a problem with both the launch bar and the takeoff assist trigger. I have tried extending the launch bar and it just quickly comes back up again. If I load an F-14B on an airfield I can get the launch bar to extend but as soon as I apply some throttle then idle the throttles again I apply brakes and try again the launch bar extends then quickly comes back up again.

I am going to try uninstalling the F-14 and reinstalling maybe I was a little unlucky and something went a little wrong with my install?

Hi

Thank you so much for this great addon: Im using P3D2.4 and therefore AircaftCarriers 2.0 until TacPac is out (hopefully soon). Im using the "slew-methode" to position me and the carrier-group anywhere I want. Once set up, I can only use the foremost catapult on the Kitty Hawk. Is that intended or maybe because I dont use one of youre situations? No biggy, just curious...

Marcel

Hi, I have solved my problem. Being the idiot that I am when I re-installed I realised that I installed for FSX SP2. When I actually bought the acceleration CD for FSX. After I selected this option during install I tried again and bingo F-14 Launches from the deck. Maybe someone will be silly enough to make the same mistake and need the same advice?

Archived